Looking for polk audio vintage sda speakers

Options
huskerlaw
huskerlaw Posts: 7
edited February 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Looking for polk audio vintage sda speakers. Will consider all but sda-2 (I had a pair and they were weak). Driving from Omaha, NE to Spokane, WA over next few days, so good chance I could pick them up. Help the procrasinator please!
Post edited by huskerlaw on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2005
    Options
    HA! buddy you're in for a helluva drive here.. Look me up when you do.. I'd like to have someone else listen to my system(s) and give it a yay or nay. I"m in Spokane.. and would welcome a another club member to stop by and check things out here and offer any suggestions.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I think he wants to buy some, Al. Why would you want to tease the guy? :)
  • danger boy
    edited December 2005
    Options
    amulford wrote:
    I think he wants to buy some, Al. Why would you want to tease the guy? :)

Oh yeah i know he's looking to buy.. and i'm NOT looking to sell... but what the hell.. i'm a people person.. and a giver.. so why not tease someone a little? JK!
    :D
  • huskerlaw
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I moved from there b/c of the hillbilly mentality. Now have to go take car eof mom and here horse farm..... yeah, I'm gonna be a hilbilly. But one that rocks the neighbors a mile away I hope!! Anyway, thaks al, will look ya up. Had sda 1's a few years back. Sold for the sake of love....mistake. But I always had trouble clipping and was using a pair of Luxman M-117s. Didn't know till now that sda's don't work without common ground...I though 1000 watts/channel should have been enough!! Anway THANKS, will be in touch.
  • whitetruk
    whitetruk Posts: 308
    edited December 2005
    Options
    where are the luxmans
    I thought it was fairly amusing also. The Polk Ogre doesn't always get 'it'
  • hydrobud
    hydrobud Posts: 155
    edited December 2005
    Options
    i have a pair of 2.3's, but it'll cost you about 100 grand. pm me if interested
    thanks
    your friendly neighborhood

hydrobud
  • huskerlaw
    edited December 2005
    Options
    They are in my storage unit until I come back unless bmorrow buys them within the next 5 min.
  • danger boy
    edited December 2005
    Options
    huskerlaw wrote:
    I moved from there b/c of the hillbilly mentality. Now have to go take car eof mom and here horse farm..... yeah, I'm gonna be a hilbilly. But one that rocks the neighbors a mile away I hope!! Anyway, thaks al, will look ya up. Had sda 1's a few years back. Sold for the sake of love....mistake. But I always had trouble clipping and was using a pair of Luxman M-117s. Didn't know till now that sda's don't work without common ground...I though 1000 watts/channel should have been enough!! Anway THANKS, will be in touch.

I never said I had taste.. i just got some big SDA's. :p

Ok. i'll be in town through the holidays.
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited December 2005
    Options
    ...I could set you up with a pair of SDA 1C's.

PM me if interested.

-Luc
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited December 2005
    Options
    ...I could set you up with a pair of SDA 1C's.

PM me if interested.

-Luc
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2005
    Options
    ...I could set you up with a pair of SDA 1C's

PM me if interested

-RT1

Gotcha -Luc :D
  • hydrobud
    hydrobud Posts: 155
    edited December 2005
    Options

PM me if interested

-hydrobud
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2005
    Options

PM me if interested

-Santa
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited December 2005
    Options
    There is a local pair of 3.1tl's for a great price near me. (Don't know if you will be in illinois anytime soon though, but might be worth the drive.)

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • huskerlaw
    edited December 2005
    Options
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I am not the seller. (seller is in a town very close to mine - no affiliation) but last I heard he was selling his 3.1tl's for $600. (I assume he still has them, he may not) You can read about my impressions here.

they looked to be in excellent condition. The left speaker had 1 blown woofer (the SDA driver) but I think he has replaced it. Also all the drivers in the left speaker had apparently been cleaned by something they shouldn't have. They were dry to the touch rather than tacky. (but still sounded fine - except the blown one)

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2005
    Options
    The blown driver has not been replaced....he used one of the 1.2TL's drivers on a temporary basis...but you can get a new one for $48 from Polk.

Those 3.1's really look beautiful; the wood finish is gorgeous.....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • danger boy
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Tom (huskerlaw) stopped by last night and he checked out the SRS's and the Monitor 7B's w/Peerless tweets. We had a good time.. playing around a little with placement of the SRS's. Moving them farther away from the back wall and then checking the bass response.

Came to the conclusion in my far from ideal room set up.. the bass response was best when the SDA's are about 6" from the rear wall. But because of placement it somewhat killed the soundstage. In time i'll have to reconfigure the room better... and replace the SL2000's.

Tom was impressed with everyone's favorite.. the Monitor 7's. I don't have to praise these speakers anymore.. you all know how wonderful they sound. :D

Tom, you're welcome back anytime man.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Hmmmm... Monitor 7's......since I heard them at Noel's I knew I would own a pair of those sometime....they sound so good...

Some day.....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Al, are your SDAs in your HT room?
  • huskerlaw
    edited December 2005
    Options
    So now that I heard Al's srs system, I think they are better than 1 c's. Any comments? Which is the best sda system BESIDES the srt.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2005
    Options
    A loaded question, in which answers mean next to nothing.

I'll take an ear level SDA anyday.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • danger boy
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Shizelbs wrote:
    Al, are your SDAs in your HT room?

no. I don't think they would fit in the HT room. it's to small. they'd only be about half a foot apart from each other if i tired that.

they are in the living room. which is a little bigger against the longest wall.. a bit more room. but not ideal.

Are you keeping your SRS2's ? how you like them CA's? I want to hear them some time if possible. Maybe this spring if you're going to be around.
  • huskerlaw
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I originally posted looking for some sda srs. Now my plans have changed, I moved to Dana Point, CA and live on a sailboat with my dog. Have full power hookup so want so crs's. ANYBODY HAVE SOME??
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited February 2006
    Options
    huskerlaw wrote:
    I originally posted looking for some sda srs. Now my plans have changed, I moved to Dana Point, CA and live on a sailboat with my dog.

YOU DA MAN! Have any pics.

Sorry for the derail.
    suds, suds and more suds!