Max Payne

Options
MacLeod
MacLeod Posts: 14,358
edited December 2005 in Video Games
A fairly meaningless thread but just thought Id ask if anybody else love this freaking game as much as I do?

I play one until finished then start the other then back and forth.

First of all the music is great especially in the 2nd one. I found several of the songs online and downloaded them and listen to them often.

Second the scenery. I love New York anyways and the 1st game is in New York at night and its snowing. Thats just cool to me.

Third is the story. Its corny as hell and reminds me of some cheap detective book youd find at the used book store but I love it.

Fourth is the guys voice. He sounds like he's bored shitless. Kinda like the movie Transporter. He didnt try to look mean or intimidating he always looked "annoyed" that he had to take time out to kick your ****. I love that attitude.

Mix all that in with "bullet time" and its almost the perfect game!
polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
Post edited by MacLeod on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I found MP1 to be very good, and MP2 to be outstanding. The ambience, the sound effects, the music, everything was awesome. Its a very fun game. I don't think I 'love it as much as you do', but it is a very fun, intense game with outstanding graphics, for when it came out.
    Damn, I might bust it out tonight and play it.
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I cant wait for the movie to come out. Im sure theyll ruin it like they do to every single game to movie that has ever come out. Tomb Raider is probably the only game that was ever successfully turned into a good movie.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Shizelbs
    edited December 2005
    Options
    The thing about the MP games, is that its just plain mindless fun. Shoot enemies until they look like swiss cheese. Things blow up. Its just awesome nonesensical fun. The difficulty isn't too hard, but its not so easy that you can be 100% careless.

Are they making MP3?
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I dont know. I hope they do but it wont be the same now that they killed off Mona. :mad:

I prefer games that are kinda mindless. I get annoyed trying to figure out mysteries and puzzles. Just give me lots of guns, bullets and things to shoot! :p

• lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I *LOVE* Max Payne 1 and 2.

The movie Sin City pretty much did it for me, even if the max payne movie sucks. totally over the top, modern film-noir. awesome.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited December 2005
    Options
    My favorite part in Max Payne is when you go to open the door, and it's locked, but then the whole wall falls over. That's just freakin awesome!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Great games, many classic parts

My favorite part from 1 is the creepy part where Max has to see the murder of his wife and kid, and then that weird maze where you have to walk on blood or something. Reminded me of Shadowman.

Two was full of fun parts, fighting with Vinnie's goons, going through Mona's fun house, and playing as Mona with the sniper rifle. Great games, I love Max's sayings during the cutscenes, very deep
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2005
    Options
    My favorite scene in 2 is when you first see Mona.

Youre chasing these dudes thru the warehouse and they run up to the elevator while looking over their shoulders. The elevator doors open and a gun comes down right in their faces. When they turn around, POW! Then Max runs around the corner as Mona walks out of the elevator and this awesome, very dramatic (sound like one from The Fugitive) song starts playing as they first see each other and then she turns and walks away. Awesome scene! Especially considering its a video game!!

Its the music that makes the 2nd game.

• lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited December 2005
    Options
    in 1 its when, for the whole leve, you hear the bosses crazy speach about the flesh of fallen angels.

in 2 the carnival scene was pretty awesome with all the cardboard cutouts moving around..
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2005
    Options
    One of the best games ever.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited December 2005
    Options
    i played mp1 on computer. loved it. rented it for xbox, hated it. didn't like the controller layout on the box.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Shizelbs
    edited December 2005
    Options
    You are right, the game is far less fun on the Xbox.