Condemed

Options
bankshot
bankshot Posts: 76
edited February 2006 in Video Games
Has anybody tried out Condemed yet on the 360.
I heard its a 10hr game, but its a good 10hrs.
Is it worth $60 for people that like horror games.
Outlaw M200s
Outlaw ICBM
Yamaha reciver
Panasonic: AE900U
POLK LSi 15s
POLK LSi 9s
POLK LSi C
Post edited by bankshot on

Comments

• millerman 3732
    millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
    edited December 2005
    Options
    got it for my son for x-mas, the guy at the game store said that it messes with your head and that he brought it back because it was a little to spooky for him, so I got to buy it used and saved a little money, won't know if it worth it for a couple of more weeks though.
    Casey
    H/T: Epson 6500ub
    Sony UBP-X800
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
    Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Man, that game must not be selling too well. I hear about COD2, PGR, NFS, Madden, NBA Live, but hardly hear about Condemned. Well, to be fair, Tony Hawk must be doing worse. I have not seen anything on the internet about someone playing it.

Bring on Ghost Recon!
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I hear its one of the best 2 or 3 games out right now. Word is that it's the scariest horror game yet for a console. It looks very well done.
    And as for the "only 10 hour" remark, you should start looking at that as normal rather than as a negative. Don't expect more than 10 hours of unique gameplay anymore. A game my last you a lot more than 10 hours, but it's going to be repeating certain areas (such as a racing games or a fighters), or with slow game mechanics (RPGs).
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • bankshot
    bankshot Posts: 76
    edited December 2005
    Options
    bknauss wrote:
    Man, that game must not be selling too well. I hear about COD2, PGR, NFS, Madden, NBA Live, but hardly hear about Condemned. Well, to be fair, Tony Hawk must be doing worse. I have not seen anything on the internet about someone playing it.

Bring on Ghost Recon!

Blame it on bad advertisement, the game is supposedly really good. Ill probably buy it when I get a 360, its my kind of game.
    Outlaw M200s
    Outlaw ICBM
    Yamaha reciver
    Panasonic: AE900U
    POLK LSi 15s
    POLK LSi 9s
    POLK LSi C
  • bknauss
    edited December 2005
    Options
    lanion wrote:
    I hear its one of the best 2 or 3 games out right now. Word is that it's the scariest horror game yet for a console. It looks very well done.
    And as for the "only 10 hour" remark, you should start looking at that as normal rather than as a negative. Don't expect more than 10 hours of unique gameplay anymore. A game my last you a lot more than 10 hours, but it's going to be repeating certain areas (such as a racing games or a fighters), or with slow game mechanics (RPGs).

GTA:SA took me about 40-50 hours to complete. There was some repetitiveness, but it was at least fairly different throughout the game. Halo2 has probably had hundreds of hours of play from me, but yea, that is repeating the same levels over the over. Good replay value to say the least.
    Brian Knauss
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Halo2, I understand, was short in the single player campaign. Well, unless you really suck.

I agree though, its rather annoying when a game that largely depends on the single player experience ends up being very short like that. $6 an hour is not a good thing for games.

I also agree on the lack of advertising. I have heard the same thing, and read about it online, that this is a very, very good game. I have not seen a single advertisement in any of its various mediums.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I rented this game tonight, and well, I'll just say that I am glad its only going to be a 10 hour game. I am into the first two 'levels' and holy smokes is this game lame. Its still got time to turn it around, but this game BE-LOWS. Its slow, dull, and uses a very tired story.
  • bknauss
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I'm just waiting for Ghost Recon now. I think that'll be another hundreds-of-hours game with multiplayer. I might pick up Fight Night also. The demo is very impressive and has a lot of replay value for the extreme limitations of it (Two guys to choose from and 4 rounds... that's it)
    Brian Knauss