Design Aucstic speakers

Options
hoosier21
hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
edited May 2002 in Speakers
Anyone remember these? these had 2 models that I recall they were bookshelfe speakers but had the woofer down firing onto bottom plate. Those and some Boston Acustic's and Polk CRS's and the Timeframe's were all at the Dealer at one time or another.

Sorry to drag you down my memory lane.

That dealer hooked me up with my first real rig, NAD 3020 int amp 4020 am/fm tuner and 6155 ( # maybe?) cass.
Dodd - Battery Preamp
Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
Outlaw ICBM - crossover
Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
Post edited by hoosier21 on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Yep, the DA's, ****, now the model slipped my mind. I have a set of drivers and crossovers from a pair (ups destroyed the cabs). I want to say the SA-10. 1 inch dome, 5.25 inch mid, bottom firing 10 inch woof, 12 inches square. Crossovers are at 200 and 2000, 12db/octave, attenuator for +/-3db on the tweeter.

Very good sounding speakers, with a high 'coolness' factor in design. I believe they had a couple smaller models, one was setup very differently. I think it had a 1 inch dome, and 3 inch dome mid on the front, with a bottom firing 8 (again, 10 or so inches sqaure). Those large dome mids are a trip to behold.

I planned on putting them back together, in my own enclosure someday soon...for now, they sit in the magic closet with a potpurri of other drivers/parts.....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • axeman
    axeman Posts: 170
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Oh yea! My cousin just gave his son his DA's and the highs will fry your ears today just as good as the day they were made.

Very crisp, warm sounding speakers.

Joe