RT3000p

Options
crazyeyes
crazyeyes Posts: 74
edited December 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
Ok guys i have a 12' 6" x 11' 10" room i have a bed, an entertainment center and a desk in there so i actuall don't have a ton of room left. I am going to be setting up an RT3000p Stereo system in there soon. I have a B&K Reference 10 preamp and a Nikko Alpha 230 power amp. I am wondering what would be the best placement for my speakers. I don't know much about how to make sure a speaker is setup perfect. I also don't know much about toe in, acoustic treatments etc. Oh and btw i have a double window in the room and two doorways (one for the closet and the other is the bedroom door). So any suggestions on how far apart to place them how far from the back wall to place them the amount of toe in and how to measure the amount of toe in would be great.
Post edited by crazyeyes on

Comments

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Try them in the corners, angled a little towrds the sweet spot. Out from the walls about a foot. Heavy Curtain the window. Try not to crowd them, it will eff up the soundstage (muddle it all up)

At least 200 WPC for power, Even more would be better...
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited December 2005
    Options
    In addition to the good information you have already received:

It would be nice if you could space the speakers so that they're at least 6' apart measured tweeter to tweeter.

The amount of toe-in required is up to your ears. Try differing amounts and stick with which position gives you the most satisfying results.

You can measure toe-in by measuring from the cabinet's inside back corner to wall behind (say it's 12"), and then again from the cabinet's back outside corner to the wall (say it's 13"). This tells you how far the speaker is toed-in (about 1" in this case). Obviously make the toe-in the same with both cabinets.

Have fun and enjoy.