Jolida CDP & Spearit Sound!!!

Options
dkg999
dkg999 Posts: 5,647
edited December 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
I had most of the day to spend in Boston today so I stopped in at Spearit Sound to do some listening and shopping. They were nice enough to set up an A/B comparison of my current Cambridge Azur 640C and the Jolida 100 CDP I have been wanting. Very nice change in soundstage, midrange, and overall SQ. They also were very accomodating on price and throwing in the shipping so I didn't have to carry it home on the plane! Nice stuff and nice people, I was really impressed with their store and service. Now I can't wait for the Jolida to get delivered and do some listening!
DKG999
HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
Post edited by dkg999 on

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Congrats on your new cd player. Spearit is a great store!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dkg999
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I told you it would be a dangerous place to visit!! Actually I was really happy with the deal they offered me. They were very interested in why a guy from Chicago was visiting their store.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • jfb4548
    jfb4548 Posts: 168
    edited December 2005
    Options
    dkg999 wrote:
    I told you it would be a dangerous place to visit!! Actually I was really happy with the deal they offered me. They were very interested in why a guy from Chicago was visiting their store.

Jolida rocks dude! Enjoy but upgrade the stock power cable!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,839
    edited December 2005
    Options
    And change the stock tubes.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dkg999
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Order will be placed with Frank at Signal Cable for a the digital power cord upgrade. I believe the prevailing opinion is to upgrade to Sveltra (sp?) tubes? Any other opinions on tubes to upgrage to?
    DKG999

• jfb4548
    edited December 2005
    Options
    dkg999 wrote:
    Order will be placed with Frank at Signal Cable for a the digital power cord upgrade. I believe the prevailing opinion is to upgrade to Sveltra (sp?) tubes? Any other opinions on tubes to upgrage to?

Mine came with EI and they sound good, but I haven't rolled anything else yet. I have read that people have really liked the sound from these others:
    Sylvania 7125, RCA 6681 with earlier old logo also early Sylvania, RCA and Raythoen 12AX7 black plate...EI Elites and JJ ECC83s...So many tubes so little time :confused:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,839
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I recommend Ei Elites, a PS Audio Statement power cord and Dynamat the hell out of the cover and other interior bare metal areas.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jfb4548
    edited December 2005
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    I recommend Ei Elites, a PS Audio Statement power cord and Dynamat the hell out of the cover and other interior bare metal areas.

Any ideer what may be the improvements over the regular Ei's?