WTB Amp

Options
criverajr
criverajr Posts: 1,675
edited December 2005 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Polksters,

Looking for a 5 channel amp for bi-amping brother's LSi15's, what ya got? Let me see. Description and pictures a must. Here Russ, Russ!!

CRj
Post edited by criverajr on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited December 2005
    Options
    you should have snagged my b&k when I had it available. tsk..tsk..tsk

psst, could have give you a really good deal on that. :)
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • criverajr
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Polkatese,

When he called me up this morning with the request I thought about that amp right away, **** don't think I wasn't that close to buying it for me.

CRj :mad:
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited December 2005
    Options
    polkatese wrote:
    you should have snagged my b&k when I had it available.

Yeh, I remember also. If only I wasn't a damn pauper!
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • polkatese
    edited December 2005
    Options
    it was such a clean amp that I kinda regret selling it for what I sold it for. There is one on Agon and he wants $1200 (too high in my opinion, I gave up mine for $300 less)...

oh well, perhaps next time. G, are you back in the game? SC must be damp, wet, and cool right about now, but no snow like the ol' PA, eh?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited December 2005
    Options
    polkatese wrote:
    G, are you back in the game? SC must be damp, wet, and cool right about now, but no snow like the ol' PA, eh?

Still hurtin'...gettin' better though. Actually we have been pretty lucky weather wise around here. Sunny for the most part but a bit nippy at night. Gettin' on my tan for sure.

Damn Criv...sorry for the hijack! Back to the needed amp.
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • criverajr
    edited December 2005
    Options
    It's all good Polkatese, it was my fault for not acting fast enough, I saw the one on Audiogon and again thought about yours. I am looking at an Anthem PVA5 for 6 bones, what you think. G I hope your back is doing better.

CRj
  • polkatese
    edited December 2005
    Options
    G, hope you feel better!

C, Anthem has a very good reputation. I can't say much about the PVA series, but PVA7 has a favorable review by HTsecret. Wattage is a bit less than B&K AV125.5/7 but it does not really tell the story. I don't know what speakers you are going to drive, but strictly on my opinion, the higher the damping factor, the better it sounds (to some degree, regardless of whether the speaker is easy to drive or not).
  • criverajr
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Polkatese,

He will be driving a pair of LSi15, and some SDA2B in his 2 channel rig. The power issue seems a little week, please don't remind me of your amp anymore as I can kick myself. He is looking at a parasound also will see what shakes out.

CRj
  • polkatese
    edited December 2005
    Options
    C, sorry, I went back to your first post re: LSi15. In that case, no, he needs more! and I won't remind you again. I still have my 15, and it needs PLENTY high-current juice to sound weighty and control the built-in passive sub. For it, I would start with 200watts and up @4 ohms, damping factor > 200. I found my peace with a Krell, which is a 400w/4 ohms, for my 15. What is his budget?