Changin the Orientation of my tweeters.

SamSagaZ
SamSagaZ Posts: 321
edited December 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
hey can someone tellme which will be the best orientation to my tweeters? i will change the location.

I need to point the Right Tweeter to the head rest of the Left Seat and the left tweeter to the right HeadRest of the Right Seat right?

that will be ok?
Post edited by SamSagaZ on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited December 2005
    that's a good starting point, but the only way to really tell is to get a friend and have him help you move the tweeters all over, angle them different ways, and so on... basically, you have to try everything out, there's no real way to predict which will sound best to you...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • SamSagaZ
    SamSagaZ Posts: 321
    edited December 2005
    ok, but starting pointing the tweeter like i post before will be ok, right? i just want to create the piece in fiberglass and later tweak it manually
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2005
    The only way to do this right is to take some 2 sided 3M tape and stick the tweets in different locations and see where they sound best. There will be trade offs and youll have to see which you like best.

For instance, with my tweets in the sail panels they had the best SQ and detail because they werent bouncing off any glass but the imaging was very side biased. With them on the A-pillars the image was more spread across the top of the dash but they were a little harsher due to all the glass they were now reflecting off of.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited December 2005
    that is, try placing and pointing them BEFORE you fiberglass...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs