Going to sell SDA2s for Local Pickup

Options
theelviscerator
theelviscerator Posts: 12
edited January 2006 in Vintage Speakers
Hi guys nice to see these polks have a following still.

I am original owner of a pair of SDA2's I bought from HiFi Buys in Indy many moons ago.
I think it was 83 actually but your site says no...hmmm weird...

These speakers seem to be fully functional I have replaced one mid driver but tweeters are original but probably need upgraded from what I am reading here... They are a bit rough cosmetically but have never been abused electrically. I have original crossover cable, the binding posts for the speakers need some love though.

I put casters on the bottom due to a bit of moisture damage to the original stands..crappy pressboard anyway..I like them much better this way actually.

Height is unchanged really....

I have both grills the frame is in perfect condition need new fabric..

I really would rather have a polkie get these and avoid ebay...

I wish I had found this forum sooner..I am more of a computer nut these days..

Price $200.00 US
Post edited by theelviscerator on

Comments

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited December 2005
    Options
    300 might be a bit high for speakers that are "a bit rough cosmetically", especially ones that you've modified with castors. Not saying you won't get $300 for the pair, but it's not likely around here. Good luck with your sale, but you may have to take it to eBay or the like to get what you want for them.

Welcome to the forum, too. Considering you described the speakers as rough, you're likely going to need pictures of your _actual_ speakers... people like to know what they're getting...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • theelviscerator
    theelviscerator Posts: 12
    edited January 2006
    Options
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited January 2006
    Options
    If you read what is in the close-up of the rear plate of your 2s you'll see the year they were manufactured right there, 1830.

Made you look! :D Actually the 2s came out in '83 so your memory is probably correct.