360 In Hi-Definition

Options
bankshot
bankshot Posts: 76
edited January 2006 in Video Games
What is the best looking game in hi-def for the 360. I havent gotten it yet, but I have a nice 145 incher just begging for some hi-def content.

Im thinking of first getting Perfect Dark Zero.
Outlaw M200s
Outlaw ICBM
Yamaha reciver
Panasonic: AE900U
POLK LSi 15s
POLK LSi 9s
POLK LSi C
Post edited by bankshot on

Comments

• Mjr7531
    Mjr7531 Posts: 856
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I heard PD:Z doesn't look so great comprably to other works out there, while I don't own an XBox 360 Mike Krahulik from Penny Arcade has given it high marks, and I'd take his opinion for gospel honestly. (No worries he's pretty open minded about gaming)
    It’s true I did finally beat Kong a few nights ago. You can definitely take that as an endorsement. In my opinion it’s easily the best launch game for the 360 and one of the most beautiful games I’ve ever seen. There were times in Kong where I felt like I was moving through one of the concept paintings for the film. Towards the end of the game especially there are some absolutely jaw dropping visuals.

You can read his full statement here (Gabe) it's the third article down.
  • bankshot
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I dont know about PD not looking that great. Ive seen some videos of it that are beyond anything Ive seen this gen, except maybe Half Life 2 running on a high end PC.
    Outlaw M200s
    Outlaw ICBM
    Yamaha reciver
    POLK LSi 15s
    POLK LSi 9s
    POLK LSi C
  • Mjr7531
    Mjr7531 Posts: 856
    edited December 2005
    Options
    bankshot wrote:
    I dont know about PD not looking that great. Ive seen some videos of it that are beyond anything Ive seen this gen, except maybe Half Life 2 running on a high end PC.

I'll clarify, It looks great, but it still has a kinda plasticky look that some people can't get past. (I've heard, I'd say ::if possible:: go to the store and look for yourself)

For what it's worth I'd never settle for anything less than watching the actual game on a real TV screen, they always somehow give themselves an edge by optimizing their videos, and I mean everybody.
  • bankshot
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Gotta agree with you there. But the plastic look doesnt bother me since that is kind of what you see on Pixar movies.
    Outlaw M200s
    Outlaw ICBM
    Yamaha reciver
    POLK LSi 15s
    POLK LSi 9s
    POLK LSi C
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Kameo and Project Gotham 3 look the prettiest to me. Call of Duty 2 is pretty impressive as well.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • bankshot
    edited December 2005
    Options
    lanion wrote:
    Kameo and Project Gotham 3 look the prettiest to me. Call of Duty 2 is pretty impressive as well.

Im definately getting Project Gotham 3. Have you seen Perfect Dark yet.
    Outlaw M200s
    Outlaw ICBM
    Yamaha reciver
    POLK LSi 15s
    POLK LSi 9s
    POLK LSi C
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited December 2005
    Options
    gears of war looks like it will be graphically outstanding.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Well, just finished COD2 (on and off for the past 2 weeks). Impressive game, for me. Sound quality, with 5.1 effect, just simply awesome. Graphic is very detailed, some akward 3D stuff sometimes (i.e. crouching through dead bodies, etc.) but nevertheless, entertaining and impressive. PDZ is a ok compared to COD2. Next stop, Kameo, or PGR3.

Btw, COD2 is so closely resembled HBO Band of Brothers series, which the all time fav series for me. It's time to start my yearly ritual of doing my own re-run of Winters' chronicle.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2006
    Options
    COD2 is very impressive. Very detailed and smooth. Its a very graphically demanding game.

However, the more and more I play Madden 06, the more impressed I am with the graphics. There is just so much detail that gets missed if you don't pay attention.
  • hydrobud
    hydrobud Posts: 155
    edited January 2006
    Options
    i didnt start this thread but thanks for the info.anyone know how the gameplay on "condemned: criminal origins" is?
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2006
    Options
    well in the fall you can get a hd dvd drive for your x box and soon you will be able to get a ps3 with a blue ray how sweet is this.

dang 145 i thought my 115 wase huge.
  • Shizelbs
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I played Kameo last night for the first time. The graphics are simply breathtaking. Its a must, at the very least rent, for any 360 owners that have HD capabilities. Just amazing. 3D textures are rad.
  • polkatese
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Thanks, Shelby! that's what I heard also, but my son needs to finish PDZ first before a new one come along.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • bankshot
    edited January 2006
    Options
    hydrobud wrote:
    i didnt start this thread but thanks for the info.anyone know how the gameplay on "condemned: criminal origins" is?

Gameplay is a cross between Silent Hill and Riddik, if you liked any of those then youll like this.
    Outlaw M200s
    Outlaw ICBM
    Yamaha reciver
    POLK LSi 15s
    POLK LSi 9s
    POLK LSi C
  • Shizelbs
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Polkatese, let me know when you are ready to buy Kameo. I'll cut you a deal on mine. Its not one I plan on keeping for very long.
  • polkatese
    edited January 2006
    Options
    deal! Let me know when you are done with Kameo. Also PGR3, if you have that one too. Thanks.