Entire Polk Home theatre system for sale

Options
norman_a
norman_a Posts: 5
edited December 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
moving to Sydney, Australia from Toronto, Canada by the end of the year and have to sell the entire system I just put together in February/March of 2005 - mint condition...

Two package options for sale:

Package 1 - $1,500 Canadian + customer pays for any shipping costs:

2x Monitor 60s
2x RTI6
1x CS1
1X PSW404
1x Panasonic SA-XR50
Relevant cables and speaker wire (all Monster)

Package 2 - $ 4,000 Canadian + customer pays for any shipping costs:

everything in Package 1 +
Panasonic TH-37PA20 Plasma TV
Panasonic F87S 5 Disc DVD Player (plays DVD-A)
Bello PVS-4260 Plasma Stand
Monster PBS 1100 Powerbar
Relevant Cables (all Monster)

check out the actual pics of the system and let me know if interested. I believe the prices to be fair and I am not open to price negotiation, putting together a customized package or individual component sales

Later POLK enthusiasts :)
Post edited by norman_a on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Good luck with your sale on Ebay.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • norman_a
    edited December 2005
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Good luck with your sale on Ebay.

Russman, I am inexperienced here - would you mind explaining why do you say that - is this not a good forum for this type of sale or are you referring to the price?

thanks, Norman
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I'll give ya points for a clean install........looks very well laid out, except it looks like the sweetspot is very close to the tv, and 4' in the air......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • norman_a
    edited December 2005
    Options
    anonymouse wrote:
    Norman, the forum members do not welcome newbies who just come in to sell their wares and never contribute to the forum. That is unless you are selling a rare piece of highly coveted equipment for far below market value. In that case, you are more than welcome and there will probably be a feeding frenzy :)

Unfortunately, you want market pricing for fairly common equipment. You would be more likely to get that on eBay.

thanks both, I just thought this might be a good place to post some Polk equipment for sale and was not aware of the unwritten rules of this forum ... Is there a way for me to remove this 'unwelcome' posting?

Norman
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited December 2005
    Options
    There are a number of ways to answer your question, but here are a few of the most direct / obvious / common. (please don't take offense because none is intended, just trying to explain such that you can understand.)

1) The most important rule is that the people on this forum pride themselves on almost never getting taken advantage of. Most everyone who sells here has been a member and contributed to the forum for awhile and almost all sales and purchases from the forum are considered VERY safe. There is no official "post count" you much achive prior to listing a sale, but showing up to sell gear and then dissapearing never to be seen or heard from again is not what the forum is about. It opens us up to risk that many of us are not comfortable taking.

2) due to reason number one, much equipment on the forum gets "transferred" from one owner to another for pretty much what you paid for it (if you got a great deal) or less (if you didn't or purchased new). Many of the sales on that take place here have excellent prices and allow members to try different peices of gear to see how they like them. It also allows them to sell peices of gear without losing alot of money to feed the habit of trying something new or different.

3) Most people here have a pretty nice HT system but are always ready to upgrade a peice here or there to try something new. Not the best target audience to sell an entire HT system. You might get lucky with someone who was planning a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) HT system and hadn't purchased anything yet, but the chances are not really that good and the deal would have to be really, really good to purchase what you consider a great system as opposed what they consider a great system. (once again - no offense, just audio/video tastes are pretty developed here so if someone is in the market for a system, they already have a pretty good idea of what they want and why they chose those pieces. Just different tastes is all.)

4) While you are getting quite a bit of stuff for the prices you have listed, traditionally trying to sell anything over $1,000 is pretty hard unless it is a specific item that people have been looking for. (A special speaker or an Amp) That is just alot of money for this forum to spend on an entire system that they had little or no say in building.

5) In general you will have a much easier time selling the items you are trying to sell in the timeframe you need to sell them on E-Bay or AudioGon since those areas are more intended for both you as a seller your audience as a buyer.

Good luck with your sale and your move.

Michael

Edit - sorry it took so long to type that. Already got a number of responses... Oh well, maybe next time I can just cut and paste... :)
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    edited December 2005
    Options
    norman_a wrote:
    ... Is there a way for me to remove this 'unwelcome' posting?

Norman

Nope - just let it fade away into oblivion - it is my understanding that posts are not removed.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• norman_a
    edited December 2005
    Options
    thank you Michael for taking the time to provide that very resonable, detailed and polite explanation...

just a case of mismatched posting and audience - please excuse my ignorance and we can let this posting fade to oblivion, as MrBuhl just suggested

I will try to do better with my new system in Sydney :)
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited December 2005
    Options
    that entertainment rack is kickass.
    I want one.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited December 2005
    Options
    norman_a wrote:
    I will try to do better with my new system in Sydney :)
    Come back and join us as you are setting up your new system. There really is a wealth of experience (and opinions) here on club polk. If you are interested in audio at all it is well worth sticking around.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • hydrobud
    hydrobud Posts: 155
    edited December 2005
    Options
    McLoki wrote:
    Come back and join us as you are setting up your new system. There really is a wealth of experience (and opinions) here on club polk. If you are interested in audio at all it is well worth sticking around.

Michael

i agree with everything he just said.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

do come back there is a wealth of information here.and don't let anyone person's comments discourage you from coming back.some people may sound abrasive but i really do believe they mean well for the most part.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Norman...

You need to flip that center over...

While it is true that when a center is under a TV you sometimes* need to have it upside down... in your case it will be ear level (with just a SLIGHT*** tilt upwards) right side up...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Hi Norman.

You have an awesome looking system. It's a shame you have to sell it.

By all means please come back when you get settled in Australia.

Good Luck with your sale.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • brettw22
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Is that plasma a 37 inch? I didn't know they did anything smaller than 42's......or is that a Canadian measurement? ;)
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Shrinkage due to cold...
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • norman_a
    edited December 2005
    Options
    thanks to all the kind folks for the invites to come back to the forum and the compliments on my modest system. I most certainly will come back for research - I have used it before and will use it again when I put together the new system in Sydney. I will not be trying to sell anything on it again though :)

and just to answer one of the questions, the plasma is a 37 inch, standard North American measurement :) I went for it cause I live in a fairly small loft. I believe Panasonic is the only brand that makes them in that size. Will be getting a 42 inch in Sydney though

Norman
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Drool!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Norman, welcome, if you were in Ottawa I'd take that stand in a minute. I am not planning any trips to TO till March. But by then you'll have DINGOs eatin' yer BABY !!
  • stereo55
    stereo55 Posts: 418
    edited December 2005
    Options
    aaharvel wrote:
    that entertainment rack is kickass.
    I want one.

DITTO !!! :D
    SDA-2B's ~ Pair SDA-CRS's ~ ,*** Main listening: Maggies MG1 ~ Polk SDA 2B's ~ Monitor 10's , 3-pairs (2 pairs moded into SDA's w/SDA-2B/CRS cross-overs) , * DCM TF600's * Mission M71/M72 *** Main brdrm FRT: RTiA-5's /Presence RTi-4 / LSI-704 Cntr / Rear FXI3's ~~~ Assorted Main listening rm : , 2- Heathkit W-5M /tube mono blocks (Parasound P/HP-850)* * 2- Altec Lansing 1590b's/mono blocks (Yamaha C-45) * CM Labs 35D * Dynaco ST-70 ~ Occasionally ~* Yamaha CR-820/A-760 ,* Sansui AU-317/AU-217 * Carver 900 rec *2-Dynaco ST 120* 1 Hafler DH-220* Marantz 1040 ... more
  • Willow
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I have no clue where he picked it up ! but I think my 32" LCD would look nice in there.
  • brettw22
    edited December 2005
    Options
    a 32" LCD would look too small on that rack......
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Very clean.

Don't be scared away either, we can be nice when it is the right time of the month. :D
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Yeah, where'd ya get that rack?
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited December 2005
    Options
    McLoki wrote:
    Come back and join us as you are setting up your new system. There really is a wealth of experience (and opinions) here on club polk.Michael

Yes, there is. Unfortunately, he suddenly shows up only to sell his wares.

Like stated above.....off to E-bay he goes.
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited December 2005
    Options
    gshisme wrote:
    Yes, there is. Unfortunately, he suddenly shows up only to sell his wares.[\QUOTE]

Kind of like a "senior member" around here? :eek:
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Willow
    edited December 2005
    Options
    brettw22 wrote:
    a 32" LCD would look too small on that rack......

Ok then maybe not that exact one but one similar ;)