Resurrecting my old two-channel rig

Options
Soccerplyr
Soccerplyr Posts: 160
edited December 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
Over the Thanksgiving weekend I went to vist my sister in Phoenix. To my dismay she took the pride and joy system of my college years and replaced it with a norcent htib. The system consists of a Denon DRA-545R and a pair of Klipsch KG 1.2's. After scolding her for her lack of taste, i packed them up and brought them back to San Diego with me.

First thing I did was throw everything off the kitchen table and hooked them up to my Music Hall MMF 2.1 turntable (a pain in myside that will be the brunt of another thread). The excitment was like getting the best gift ever Christmas morning. Brought a tear to my eyes. My new-old two channel rigs sounds great. Then it happen, a little wobble in the sound while listening to Peter Gabriel Games without Frontiers. She blew one of the speakers!!! Not terrible to listen to, almost not noticable, but enough that I need to replace the woofer.

So I've done a little hunting and found a replacement speaker from Klipsch for $64. I might as well replace both so thats $124. Seems a little steep, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a place I can get a respectable replacement without investing much money.

Thanks
Jeff
Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH
Monolith 7x200 Amplifier
Harmony Hub
Sony VLP-HW40ES
Visualapex 106" Electric Screen
Oppo BDP-103
Music Hall MMF 2.1
Polk LSiM 705
Polk LSiM704c
Polk LSiM702F/X
SVS PB-2000
Post edited by Soccerplyr on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Soccerplyr wrote:
    The excitment was like getting the best gift ever Christmas morning. Brought a tear to my eyes. My new-old two channel rigs sounds great.

I think you answered your own question. Sounds like a great way to spend $120~.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Gary Robertson
    Gary Robertson Posts: 201
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Maybe i can get lucky and score something for you.
    ill ask around .i have been known for locating impossible stuff.
    System #2
    Yamaha cdc-755,(20 bit DAC )
    Yamaha KX W382 cassette deck,
    ADCOM GFA-545-II.ampfilier,,
    ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
    System #1:
    Meridian 508-24 cd.(20 bit DAC)
    Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
    Bryston 14b-sst amplifier,
    Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
    ............................. "Jazz is democracy in music".
  • Soccerplyr
    Soccerplyr Posts: 160
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Thanks Gary, I hold off ordering them for a few weeks.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH
    Monolith 7x200 Amplifier
    Harmony Hub
    Sony VLP-HW40ES
    Visualapex 106" Electric Screen
    Oppo BDP-103
    Music Hall MMF 2.1
    Polk LSiM 705
    Polk LSiM704c
    Polk LSiM702F/X
    SVS PB-2000