subs

cams
cams Posts: 1
edited December 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
alrite im new at this and i was just wondering if a pair of MEMPHIS 10" 15 PR104D subwoofers are worth $200 canadian with a 3 yr warrinty. This a good or bad deal
Post edited by cams on

Comments

• heXtant
    heXtant Posts: 56
    edited November 2005
    well.. they could be.. but you can get them right now on ebay for 155 brand new with warranty.. not a three year warranty but check it out.. heres the address

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Memphis-PR104D-Power-Reference-10-Subwoofers-NEW-05_W0QQitemZ5834478959QQcategoryZ3291QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    System in construction.. :)
  • skydeaner
    skydeaner Posts: 187
    edited November 2005
    What do you guys think about the sq of memphis products anyways?
    Fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle, only fiberglass tastes better!
  • heXtant
    heXtant Posts: 56
    edited November 2005
    i wouldnt know.. i havnt heard much from them. just saw his post and typed it in on ebay lol. :P
    System in construction.. :)
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2005
    memphis has pretty good sq, i dig em. their m-class amps are bad ****
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2005
    Memphis doesnt suck by any means but Ive always considered them SPL equipment. The few speakers of theirs I have heard dont sound bad but I wouldnt call them SQ oriented.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited November 2005
    Memphis subs and amps are decent but there speakers suck ****. I had there full range speakers in my truck once a pair of 4x6 and 6 1/2 speakers. First off they will not hold up. I had mine about 2 months before they started distorting like hell. When they were cold they sounded okay once they heated up they sounded like ****. Put it like this i replaced them with the polk ex series and it was like entering a whole new world those polks blew them away. That was the first time i ever owned polk speakers and after that i said to myself i will never own anything else but polk speakers thats how much better polk sounds than memphis.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2005
    I've heard both Memphis speakers with aluminum domes and these Memphis speakers with a silk dome and liked them both. Of course, the second one with the silk dome tweeter sounded better.

I don't know anything about their subs, but it sounds as though they're ok.

I'm personally saving up for one of their MClass amps. I wouldn't suggest anything from their power class.

Just my .02
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited December 2005
    i wouldn't use a memphis product unless i got it for free. and considering the quality of woofers you can get for 200 bucks now on the net, you'd be mad to spend that on memphis and expect any type of decent sound quality out of it.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge