Is beer the solution for everything?

-justin-
-justin- Posts: 891
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
It just came to me. It seems that beer the solution / cause of all problems. Cheat on a loved one? Beer. Want to get someone to do something for you? [buy them] Beer. Bored and need something constructive to do? Beer. Don't have the courage to go talk to that hot girl that keeps looking at you [or so you think cause you're drunk -- but then her boyfriend beats the crap out of you cause while you're walking over to her, you trip and spill your beer on her dress. And then, as you're trying to wipe it dry, he comes out of the bathroom and sees some guy drying off his girlfriend, and then he grabs the nearest large object (a pool stick) and starts taking cracks at the back of your neck. But luckily, it breaks and all he has left is his giant size fists to pound into you for a few brief seconds before the bouncers throw both of you out the front door, which you scrap the side of your face on the ground].....

Beer.... to heal all your pains....

You get the idea.

~Justin
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2001
    No coikeedinck that there are 24 bottles in a case, and 24 hours in a day, I always say.

Hey look -- I got a sound system in my car! 'Cause of BEER! Whoopee! Josh ROCKS!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Micah Cohen
    edited August 2001
    Where's Ron? Ron's a beer guy. He'd've choked cause I bought Josh that Bud Ice ("Only in bottles," Josh said. Like that makes a diff at that point. Bud Ice in bottles probably STILL tastes like it came out of a can.)

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2001
    Beer is the perfect companion, sort of like a faithful mutt.

Most of the mass produced horse piss on the market, doesn't matter if it is in a bottle, can or keg. It still sucks.

Justin, clearly you are not as dim as Micah would have us believe.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Micah Cohen
    edited August 2001
    No. Justin is very Bright.

Heh heh.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• -justin-
    edited August 2001
    Funny Micah.

~Justin
  • Micah Cohen
    edited August 2001
    Thank you. I'm here all week.

How come I can't get motivated to do actual work?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• TroyD
    edited August 2001
    If you figure it out, please let me know.......

I can't seem to get sheet done today and to be honest I am not all that concerned....

Troy
  • Micah Cohen
    edited August 2001
    It can't be the weather any more, since it's sort of nice out now, as opposed to that blastfurnace it was last week.

I'm just totally tired and unmotivated. I can't do anything. It's all sitting here on my desk looking at me, but I can't seem to get started. :(

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• -justin-
    edited August 2001
    Story of your life....

~JB
  • TroyD
    edited August 2001
    You know, it takes a certain panache for an employee to post on a company website, on company time using company resources that he has no intention of being productive. Micah is now one of my heroes.

Troy
  • Micah Cohen
    edited August 2001
    And I jot it down on my timesheet as "Customer Service." Great scam, huh?

Weren't we talking about beer? Ixnay on the job-ay.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• TroyD
    edited August 2001
    Boddington's rules!

Guiness, John Courage, Newcastle and Bass are suitable subsitutes.....Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout is good stuff as well.

Heinecken always has a skunked taste to me.

Troy
  • Micah Cohen
    edited August 2001
    Know what I hate? I go to a Japanese restaurant for sushi, and I'm not only surrounded by a bunch of trendy sushi-eaters, but they're all ordering KIRIN beer. Does anyone read labels? KIRIN is made by AB, same as Bud, in freaking America! Order Sapporo, at least an authentic Japanese beer, you mugs!

Same thing happens in brewery/restaurants, places that make their own beer? You have all these great, home-brewed choices, and people still order COORS LIGHT.

Sheesh.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited August 2001
    Beer.jpg

Steelhead Extra Stout. The beer of beers. Guiness is Coors light to this...liquid perfection.

BEER, The nectar of the gods.

Peace Out~:D
    RonSig2.jpg
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • TroyD
    edited August 2001
    ...got to find me some of that.

Japanese beer is horse piss too, even Sapporo.

If you ever want to try some truly vile beer.....OB beer from Korea. Makes Old Milwaukee seem like premium stuff. In Korea, for the most part, that was all you could get. I don't know if the even sell it in the US. I have seen HITE, which is Korean, is about 20 times less putrid but still nasty.

Troy
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited August 2001
    ron has that serial killer look! glad im not on the west coast anytime soon.

scott:cool:
  • Micah Cohen
    edited August 2001
    I LOVE that signature image! That's so cool! It's Ron saying, "Here's a beer." Very evocative.

I like Sapporo. It's lite, but nice, since it's more rice than heavy wheaty stuff. I could probably even drink it outside of a Japanese restaurant. (But, why?) It's definitely better than Kirin/Budweiser. Goes well with raw fish.

When I was in New Orleans, I drank DIXIE Beer, the Lager not the Blackened Voodoo (which I love). I really really liked the lager; it went perfectly with spicy mudbugs! MUDBUGS! Too bad I can't get Dixie Beer here.

We used to have a few good breweries here in B'more, now we have very little in the way of interesting beer. :(

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• TroyD
    edited August 2001
    If you really like Dixie, I will be motoring through Baltimore in about 6-8 weeks, if you want some, I will bring it to you, either flavor or both. Life is way too short to not have good beer. And I will concur, Dixie is good stuff.

You find Ron EVOCATIVE?, dude, you need to get out more. No offense to Ron. I have to find some of that Steelhead Stout.

Troy