first boxes came today...

PoweredByDodge
PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
edited November 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
MTX 3 way 6x9's for the rear... 5 1/4 coax for the front kicks... thunder 404 for the highs... thunder 342 for the sub... thunder 5000 10" 4 ohm sub... streetwires cables, capacitor, blocks, wire terminals... Coustic XM6 3 way active crossover (couldn't dig up any LSX2's). Got all the grilles and **** with it too.

all new in box... not too shabby for under $300 bucks.
The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
Post edited by PoweredByDodge on

Comments

• CrBoy
    CrBoy Posts: 580
    edited November 2005
    Sound like a very good deal... Congrats man :p
    <|>
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2005
    Coustic is cool.

So are you ripping out your current system in favor of the all MTX gear or are you just snatching up a bargain for later use?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2005
    i think hes putting it in the bucket....err...the old dodge hes been trying to get running
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • heXtant
    heXtant Posts: 56
    edited November 2005
    sounds like a hell of a deal. nice stuff. congrats. :)
    System in construction.. :)
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2005
    yes, it's going in the bucket - the old 88 i've been working on.

no way in hell i'd be ripping out 4 subs, a 3 way component setup, 4 amplifiers, and other goodies in favor of 4 coaxials, 2 amps, and a single sub!

i had originally ordered some momo coaxials and subs with a nice JBL 4 channel crown and some other gear, only had it half installed when i got this opportunity ... the appeal of all matching gear, and the price was too much to resist.

I really wanted the LSX-2 crossover instead of the XM-6, but I couldn't get ahold of one - inside the guts are basically the same... the case design is just all curvy and silver for Coustic, while the LSX-2 is black with a red mtx logo on it. eh... it's all good. again, beggers cant be choosers.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2005
    i'm trying to get my best friend to apply with mitek anyway - they've got a position open for a mechanical engineer with 3 - 5 yrs experience, BA in MAE, and lean manufacturing / six sigma supervision experience, with CAD --- that's basically like all he's ever done while working with Ford... and that place is going down like a bunch of fat chicks getting a viking funeral... so hopefully he'll get the job with Atlas, and I'll be able to get more and more sickly awesome deals on car audio.