Bruce Springsteen - Live in NY

Options
hoosier21
hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
edited April 2002 in Music & Movies
I have this DVD and it is **** kicking Rock and Roll, I was asleep when he was a big deal, and never really heard much of his work past the crap on the FM dial "born in the USA" hate that song, sorry but I do, maybe it was played too much??

Working for CBS records didn't help much, after having to work overtime to get his stuff out the door, who wanted to hear it!

Anyway this guy and the East Street Band rock baby, give it a spin. Disk one is great, Disk 2 (extra songs) I am still working through.
Dodd - Battery Preamp
Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
Outlaw ICBM - crossover
Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
Post edited by hoosier21 on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Bruce Springsteen ROCKS. I was listening to him back in the 80's and still do. But, this Live in NY lacks, lacks my all-time favorite song by him "I'm on fire" and for that alone, I cannot make the purchase.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • BESKI64
    BESKI64 Posts: 28
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Russ,

Good to hear that somebody else also likes the "BOSS" DVD besides myself!!! I'm from "Jersey" so I guess it's supposed to come with the territory....but I have found that people either like him or hate him...not much in between!!!

I have seen Bruce "76" times in concert over the past 25 years including 29 times on the most recent tour!!! I was at all 15 shows in NJ (15 shows in 28 days) flew down to Orlando, Tampa, and Raleigh and drove to Philly, Albany and Hartford.

I also went to 7 of the 10 shows at Madison Square Garden including the last two nights in which the Live DVD was filmed. I have purchased many "Bad" quality VHS tapes where the camera shakes up and down and CD's recorded with a cheap tape recorder, so it was great to finally get DVD quality sound and pictures!!!

This "Live in NYC" DVD is a real accurate representation of a Bruce concert and shows the reason why I keep going back for more!!! I have to play the DVD at least one time per week just to get a "FIX" to hold me over until the next tour !!!

Tom (Beski)

Front: RT800i + RT35i (Thanks Juice !!!)
    Center: CS 400i
    Rear: F/X 500i
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited April 2002
    Options
    The River is great, then the ROCKING Youngstown blows me away.

Ron-P rent it you will buy it.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."