The DB104's are back on sale!

nadams
nadams Posts: 5,877
edited December 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
@ crutchfield. $90 per sub, but buy one get one half-off, so you get the second for $45. Ends up being $145 shipped to the door for two. I'm not missing out this time... it's going to be my Christmas present from my dad :)
Ludicrous gibs!
Post edited by nadams on

Comments

• skydeaner
    skydeaner Posts: 187
    edited November 2005
    You shoulda got the db124's at frys when they were 50 a piece like me :) Jus messin with ya, its still a good deal for the 10's.
    Fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle, only fiberglass tastes better!
  • nadams
    edited November 2005
    I already have a box for the 10's :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • skydeaner
    edited November 2005
    sweetness, what kinda car you puttin them in?
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2005
    Probably his '94 Ford Ranger, no? That's a good deal, too.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2005
    50 bucks ?? for the 12's ?? was fry's on acid that week? that's a 350-ish watt sub SQ for the same price as a 200 watt hunk of **** mtx road thunder. why am i never around for these sales - wait, why don't we have a fry's here!!! only fry's we got is "fry's old time furniture". stupid furniture
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • skydeaner
    edited November 2005
    hehe i picked a 3 year replacement plan for 20 bucks too...
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2005
    hey did you ever decide on tweeters or whatever yet ??
  • skydeaner
    edited November 2005
    i am using the **** jbl ones for now cause i am spendin all my money on x-mas. They sound like complete garbage, they are metal domes and are really bright, but other than that they just distort like crazy when i juice it up to about fifty watts, and that is set at -3 on the dx crossovers. I am definitely still gonna keep lookin for the dx tweeters, i found a website that sells the whole component sets (still...) so i am going to see if they can part with the tweeters only.

its weird cause on womens voices i have no distortion on the bottom half of their voice comming out of the mids, but the top half sounds really bad. I think they are blown or somethin, but what can i expect for 25 bucks, at least the woofs and crossovers are mint
  • nadams
    edited November 2005
    Well, ordered the subs today. Unfortunately, my dad's not gonna let me have them until Christmas. Oh well...

Oh, yeah... they're going in my truck, the 94 ranger. extended cab, I've got a basic box right behind the seats. Lines each sub up with teh back of a seat :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2005
    what might be this magical website that still sells the whole shot? since i'm like the last dx fanatic left on earth.
  • skydeaner
    edited November 2005
    sweet nadams, i want pics after u get them in and i'll give u pics of mine after x-mas when i get my digicam

pbd, this is one website i think there was another though
    http://www.carstereomall.com/store/store.cgi?command=listitems&pos=0&type=search2&search=polk-dx3065
  • skydeaner
    edited November 2005
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2005
    ouch - 250 bucks for a 6 model year old item that went for 300 back in the day... YIKES. least somebody still has them though.

the indo audio place won't get you anywhere - 2 summers ago i placed a web order for dx subs from them. they sent me back an email stating that while their website still had the items up for sale, they had long ago sold out of all dx speakers and were not going to get any more. they still have original EX II gear on there... thats way old school. no way they'd still have it.
  • skydeaner
    edited November 2005
    hrmm I haven't received an email back from them yet, so they probably dont have it. I might just have to resort to the db1000's
  • skydeaner
    edited November 2005
    ok, if I have the crossovers set to -3db for the tweets, and I am putting 100 watts rms from my amp into the crossover, does that mean that the tweets will only be getting 50 watts rms, or does it not work that way?
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited November 2005
    it means they're getting 25 - half of the original 100 watts goes to each channel of the xover, so 50 to the mids channel and 50 to the tweets channel... the mids channel does its lowpass and lets it all through, the tweets channel cuts it to 25 (-3 dB) and highpasses, then lets it through...

i do believe that polk xovers do a 50/50 split, others split it 66/33 (or whatever) to begin with...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • skydeaner
    edited November 2005
    good to know i'll get some tweets that handle 50 watts then... imma start my search now
  • nadams
    edited December 2005
    Just to get this back on track... my subs came today, but I'm not allowed to see them until Christmas :(. All I've seen of them is the big brown box. Of course my dad is making me wait until it'll be -10 outside and snowing to put them in. For some reason, it seems like I only ever install new systems in the winter... I don't get it ???
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited December 2005
    hah! -- been there, done that, burned the t-shirt.

now i just buy **** on the parent's credit card and install it when the box arrives... later they ask, "what was in that box, and how much did it cost, and blach blah blah"...

and i say, "oh that's what you got me for christmas, don't you remember, you said i could have it early!" -- then they change their credit card numbers because they realized i memorized them.
  • skydeaner
    edited December 2005
    Yeah if I did that my parents would prosecute. Yeah, tough luck on the chrstmas thing. That would drive me crazy knowing what one of my presents is and not being able to play with it.
  • nadams
    edited December 2005
    Now, I'm guessing that when I do get these in, that I will be able to decrease the bass from my DB570's, and make them even clearer? I'm just guessing that these 104's are going to be much better than my current Advent (Jensen) subs. Oh, and I'm forced to use my crappy Jensen 75wpc amp for a while, too, so I won't really be able to crank the subs too much until I can get that replaced.

Although, my brother might have something laying around that I can drive them with for a while.
    Ludicrous gibs!