Sony CDP 207esd ??

opusopus Posts: 1,262
edited November 2005 in Electronics
Does anyone have any opinions on the quality of this unit. I bought it new 16-17 years ago. It stopped working several years ago and was put in the attic.
Well I got really bored today and tore into it and wouldn't you know it but I fixed the thing. It is now in the stack and am listening to it now. I was just wondering if anyone remembers this unit from days past. I am in the cdp market and who knows maybe this will save me a few bucks(long shot I know)

thanks kevin :)
The Flea rig
Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :) -flea market

B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
Polk RTA-11t-flea market
LsiC, Fxi30's
Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
Behringer Feedback Destroyer
-flea market
AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
Post edited by opus on

Comments

• aaharvelaaharvel Registered User Posts: 4,505
    edited November 2005
    I bought a mint cdp-209es from ebay for $30. I guess the guy thought it's worthless since the remote was lost but lucky for me i have a Sony Learning/Universal.

I'm sure the 207 and 209 are probably close to identical. My take on the 209es, it's built like a tank and has a fantastic dry sound, both of those features are sorely lacking in most of today's CD-only players. I'll keep it forever.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • opusopus Posts: 1,262
    edited November 2005
    Yea I think you nailed it with the "dry sound" comment. I've been listening to it for the last couple of hours and that is how I would best decribe it. I think that I spent in the $5-6 hundred range 17 years ago and when I saw the ES tag this morning was hoping that I had found a decent player for todays playing. Great way to spend a day off :)
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :) -flea market

B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's
    Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • bmang143bmang143 Posts: 1
    cd player will not eject...is there a trick to make it work???
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,253
    Use a hammer and a chisel. :D
    Thanks for waking up a 13 year old thread.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,871
    ThreadNecro.jpg
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."