something to be thankful for!

Options
bugner
bugner Posts: 56
edited November 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
Well, the Outlaw 2150 came. God bless Fed Ex, it arrived on time and with no visible signs of damage to the box. I was afraid it wouldn't make it today and I'd have to wait until Friday. :(

At any rate, I'll write a full review soon. Let me just say in a real small nutshell that I *immediately* noticed a significant improvement in sound quality over what I've been used to. The classical selections I've played show much more dynamic range and transparency (whatever THAT is, but I think I know it when I hear it!) :p

The photos show the box, waiting for me when I got home. And I tried to show the quality of the double-box packing in another photo. Then you see the receiver on the table, and on my shelf (it's a lousy photo, you can't really see the blue display very well). And then a shot of the manual and antenna, etc.

As someone said in the Outlaw hideout, photos really don't do this thing justice. The *heft* of it, how solid it is, and how apparently loaded with craftsmanship. So far, so good! :D
Post edited by bugner on

Comments

• malikarshad
    malikarshad Posts: 527
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Congrats Man!!! Please write a review soon so that we can benefit from it.
    Looks awesome!!! :)

Speakers=>Salk Soundscape 8, Soundscape Center,Surrounds-Dali Rubicon LCR, Lsi7
    PreAmp, Amp => Marantz AV8801, ATI 6007 amp, Oppo HA-1 DAC
    Source => Sonore MicroRendu, Oppo BDP-103, Mede8er 600XD, Dune HD Smart D1, Synology DS1813+(16TB)
    Sub - JTR Captivator S2 (Dual 18")
    Power - Furman IT-Ref20i on dedicated 30Amp circuit with Furutech GTX-R outlet
    Screen=> JVC RS-45 projector Da-Lite HP 133" 2.35
  • bugner
    bugner Posts: 56
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I just finished testing all the functions (except 'phones). One thing that really strikes me is the power.....how little the volume knob has to move to juice up the speakers (Polk Monitor 70's at this point). I guess I will hook up my little Sony sub and see how well the bass management functions.

Congrats Man!!! Please write a review soon so that we can benefit from it.
    Looks awesome!!! :)
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Congratulations! I'll look for your review. Happy listening?

Carl
    Carl

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Sweet. I wonder how the Outlaw would compare to the Marantz PM7200.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."