Double The Fun

Options
Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited November 2005 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Going Gonzo made a great statement a couple of weeks ago. He said, "Design the ultimate sub you can think of then dubble it. so you never have to upgrade agin."

I'm lovin' my DIY sub (Atlas 15"). I had some friends over last weekend and when I played a demo DVD to show off my HT system, the women were so intimidated by the bass that they had to leave the room. :D :eek: :D

Just for fun my project for 2006 will be another DIY sub. This time I might use two 12" woofers and make it look like an end table. That way, I'll have two subs -- one on each side of the sofa. Perhaps I can scare the whole neighborhood (insidious laughter ensues....).
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I've thought about the exact same thing. I have a couple extra amps and I'd like to make dual end table subs.

Drivers are sort of rare right now but there are lots coming out soon.
    Graham
  • anthonymosey
    anthonymosey Posts: 10
    edited November 2005
    Options
    im using 8 8" rokford fosgate car subs built in a custom under the coutch enclosure being ran by a Crown 2200 watt amp. talk about good vibrations
    36" sony xbr wega w/matching stand,center channel polk csi3,l/r mains polk m60,surrounds polk fxi5,rears polk m40,sub 1 polk psw404,sub 2 8 rockford fosgate punch 8" subwoofers in custom built under couch enclosure
    sony dvd changer,sony es 7.1 reciever,crown microtech pro amp 2200 watts. all in an appartment