ordered the outlaw!

Options
bugner
bugner Posts: 56
edited November 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
The allure was too much. I ordered the 2150. They shipped it almost immediately and it is due in about 3-4 days. I am dying to hook this bad boy up. :D
Post edited by bugner on

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2005
    Options
    cool dude. Outlaw makes great equipment for the money. I'm wondering how there first foray onto 2 channel sounds, keep us posted :)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Bastage!!!
    I've been waiting for that damn thing for years and just can't spare the coinage right now. A full review is MANDATORY!!!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,379
    edited November 2005
    Options
    $599? Heck of a deal on a "thinking outside the box" product. Be interesting to know if you find a use for all the features, like the USB port.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Welcome Bugner!

Wow very retro looking receiver.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • bugner
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I thought the price was right as well. Right in line with the Denon I was mulling. There are *so* few two-channel receivers anymore, and even fewer with phono. The thing just looks cool, and it's Outlaw. Right away I know I won't be using USB, as the stereo system is downstairs and the computer up. But who knows about the future? Maybe a nice little outboard CD or DVD burner someday to mate with it.

I was impressed with Outlaw's speed in processing the order. I got my FedEx tracking, and the thing left Connecticutt yesterday, heading toward Southern California, a 37-pound box. I can't wait! Once I get it unpacked and warmed up, I'll at least post some impressions, then a full review later. :)

Cross your fingers that I can sell two old receivers and some speakers to nearly make up the tab! :eek:

Emlyn wrote:
    $599? Heck of a deal on a "thinking outside the box" product. Be interesting to know if you find a use for all the features, like the USB port.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2005
    Options
    sweeet! She's a looker for sure, a review would be great.

RT1
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,105
    edited November 2005
    Options
    FINALLY! Outlaw makes a GOOD looking product!!!

Congrats!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Wow, that's an awesome receiver, especially for $600! I wish I had known about it before I bought my Yamaha. :rolleyes:

And yes, a review is mandatory!! :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2005
    Options
    WOW! thats really nice looking. I like shiny silver things.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I have been eyeing the Outlaw stereo receiver to replace my Cambridge Audio integrated amp. I figure the cost of adding a tuner and the MM/MC phono pre-amp to my setup is almost half the cost of the receiver, not to mention that analog bass-management.
  • PolknPepsi
    PolknPepsi Posts: 781
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I bet that baby would eat my Denon 685 for breakfast. :rolleyes:
    Denon #2900, Denon stereo receiver, Conrad Johnson Sonographe 120 amp, Blue Jeans cables, and Klipsch RF-7's
  • bugner
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I'm afraid I personally won't have too much of real quality to compare it with. In recent years I've been alternating between a Carver HR-722 and the Circuit City perennial Onkyo 8511, both OK but nothing special (and both soon to be coming to an eBay near you). What I do know for sure is that I have no interest in surround sound and so forth, and have been looking for a solid stereo-only receiver. I eyed the Denon 685, but it has some stuff I will never use. I think I *will* use the extra bells and whistles on the Outlaw, even if not immediately.

PolknPepsi wrote:
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2005
    Options
    PolknPepsi wrote:
    I wouldn't bet too much. The Denon will hold it's own with some pretty good gear.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Danny Tse
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Yamaha just came out with a new line of stereo receiver....3 models.
  • bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Danny Tse wrote:
    Yamaha just came out with a new line of stereo receiver....3 models.

Do you happen to know if they will have XM tuners?

I think the next generation of the HK/Onk/Denon et al stereo only recivers will probably have them.
  • Danny Tse
    edited November 2005
    Options
    The top 2 models in Yamaha's stereo receiver lineup have XM tuners build-in.

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/new_prods/new_prods.htm

No phono input though.
  • keith allen
    keith allen Posts: 734
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Man that thang looks really nice,never heard any Outlaw stuff,Im sure its good though
  • bugner
    edited November 2005
    Options
    it's "temporarily sold out," I just noticed. I guess I managed to sneak in under the wire. :p