check my dimentions before I draw them out

skydeaner
skydeaner Posts: 187
edited November 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok, I want the external dimensions on my box to be 36x18x10, front baffle being 36x18 and it being 10 inches deep. There will be a divider in the middle seperating the two 12's. These are the dimentions I came up with

36x18 (2) baffle and rear
36x8.5 (2)top and bottom
16.5 x 8.5 (3)ends and divider

I think it looks right but I hate anything that has to do with shapes... Also, what would the internal volume for each chamber be? If its a little big I can add some bracing, but I am looking for somewhere around .88 - 1.0 cu ft a chamber

thanks in advance
Fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle, only fiberglass tastes better!
Post edited by skydeaner on

Comments

• skydeaner
    edited November 2005
    Man! Where's UPS with my 1500d?! Hehe I'm really excited. And i wanna get this box made but haven't made one in a long time, so if anyone can help me out with these dimensions i would appreciate it. It looks like I am gonna need a lot of bracing taking up space, what do you guys think?
  • skydeaner
    edited November 2005
    aight guys I'm gettin ready to go cut if no one has any objections
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited November 2005
    i think the sizes are fine, but you'll end up with 1.37 ft^3 per chamber, rather large...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • skydeaner
    edited November 2005
    Hrm... well if I double up all the walls on the inside including front baffle, what would that give me per chamber?
  • neomagus00
    edited November 2005
    well, adding another front baffle of that size won't help, obviously, but you don't need to add material, it's easier to move and remove, if you haven't already cut... do you already have the pieces cut?

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • skydeaner
    edited November 2005
    no, haven't cut yet, just drew them out on wood, its pencil i can erase
  • skydeaner
    edited November 2005
    see the thing its I am trying to fill a certain area of my trunk that has the 36x18 dimension
  • neomagus00
    edited November 2005
    yeah... i have to go for a few minutes, but hold up and i'll post a revised plan when i get back? can you wait 20 minutes? pm me your screenname, if you have one, too...

• skydeaner
    edited November 2005
    screenname for aim?

I pm'ed you that
  • neomagus00
    edited November 2005
    here

• skydeaner
    edited November 2005
    Well for two twelves, that I only paid 60 bucks a piece for (if you count the 3year extended warranty) I couldn't be happier! I got them in a box the right size, they have tons of output, very precise, and excellent low bass extension. Now I am gonna have to dynamat for the next year to get rid of all my rattles, but it's definitely worth it :) For my first polk buy since two dx10.4's I had back in the day, I would say polk is exceeding the competition just like always. Thanks neo for the help, I had to shrink the box down to make it fit (because i didn't testfit it like an idiotshit) so I didn't have to use the two dividers.

Also on a side note, the directed 1500d seems very accurate at 2ohms, never missed a beat in some fast bass music. And it definitely lives up to its wattage rating. i am like a fat kid that just got a birthday cake I am so happy.