Walmarted!

hellohello
hellohello Posts: 428
edited November 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Been a slow week, needed something to do, so i found my walmart giftcard and went to see what i could trade it for :cool: I wander in there and look around, christmas stuff mostly, nothing I really need, then i wandered into the automotive department, for sh!ts and giggles. I actually learned a few things. Scosche makes amps and speakers now, along with sound dampening, i only knew of theyre cables and adapters. Lightning audio, while still cheap, is starting to look better cosmetically. Pioneer is also getting away from the obnoxious blue cones... a plus. They had a brand called VR3, which i just learned is part of roadmaster... apparently they just wont die. :rolleyes: After about 10 minutes of amusement, I left. Since that stuff is in walmart, im guessing it isnt anything good. just thought id share the fun.
Picking ones nose signifies a strong sense of self discovery :)

System in the works: ;)
PP 6V6 with 12ax7 pre ~ 20 watts
15" Jensen MOD 8ohm ~ 97db SPL
DiMarzio HS3 and/or Tone Zone S
Post edited by hellohello on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2005
    You could have at least traded that card in for music. That's about the only audio-related thing I figure WallyWorld is any good for.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • hellohello
    edited November 2005
    nothing there id want, although they ad slipknot, which i thought was funny

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited November 2005
    whyzat funny?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    edited November 2005
    Walmart only sells bowdlerized music.

No thanks.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • skydeaner
    skydeaner Posts: 187
    edited November 2005
    bowlderized? this word sparks my interest whats it mean?
    Fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle, only fiberglass tastes better!
  • VR3
    edited November 2005
    censored. edited. content removed. modified.

In this case, they dont sell music that is derogatory or they sell it...but with parts missing or edited out.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • hellohello
    edited November 2005
    they sell crap music and crap audio equipment, lol

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2005
    Hey. They have country, pop, and oldies. What else is there?

:p

Trey - You mean they censor all the music? So what you buy on a CD from them is not the same as the 'same' CD you'd buy from BB or CC? Wow, that's really interesting. How much do they censor the music?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • VR3
    edited November 2005
    They censor about every cuss word, and sometimes an entire song if its bad enough.

To put it this way, an Eminem CD bougth from Walmart had like 12 tracks, the actual CD has around 18+...

I hate Walmart and every product they sell.
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited November 2005
    I like getting my motor oil from there, as well as charcoal.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited November 2005
    ah, i knew there was a reason i don't go there... but the new slipknot CD has no explicit version, there's not one swear word on the whole thing... strange, no?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2005
    word, even walmarts cd's suck. i made the mistake of buying staind's break the cycle from there.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited November 2005
    This last time I checked, good music wasn't limited to those with advisories. In fact, I can't think of anything good it adds, as far as music goes.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • exalted512
    edited November 2005
    Some artists use cussing to tell their stories. Big deal. Some artists use it to be cool. Thats what sucks. Just because you dont think it adds anything, doesnt mean everyone shares your opinion.
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited November 2005
    not trying to be an ****, sorry it came across that way
    -Cody
  • Dennis Gardner
    edited November 2005
    I just posted to jerk your chain, :D since I saw all you young guys posting together. I'm cool with what their message is and where they come from. None of us here on this forum can really relate to their world anyhow.

Correct me if I'm wrong assuming none of us come from inner city backgrounds.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • exalted512
    edited November 2005
    most of the stuff i listen to i can relate to, thats why i like it:D
    -Cody
  • Dennis Gardner
    edited November 2005
    Hey Cody, how 'bout them Aggies, another quarter might have done it for them today.
    They scored more today against OU than the last 3 years combined. Really a pretty good game.

• hellohello
    edited November 2005
    Im not a fan of swearing in music, at all. I just know Walmarts policy and seeing slipknot there is strange and funny, knowing what they sound like. They did have some johnny cash... shoulda bought that. I want to see that movie Walk the Line now that I think about it.

• exalted512
    edited November 2005
    Hey Cody, how 'bout them Aggies
    they SUCK. And their back up quarterback really sucks...if were bad this year, next year is going to be horrible. I sacked our back up quarterback in high school during place offs twice. I dont know how he makes any yards rushing in the collegiate level.
    -Cody