SDA 1-c x-over

Options
george daniel
george daniel Posts: 12,096
edited December 2005 in Vintage Speakers
anyone got a 1c- x-over diaghram that you can e-mail me? :)
JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
Post edited by george daniel on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Can't email, but I got a hard copy.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited November 2005
    Options
    George,

I can scan it and email attach it later this afternoon, if you're not in immediate need. PM your email address if interested.

Edit: do you just want the component values (caps and resistors)? I can pull and post them if so.

Mike
  • george daniel
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Thanks BMDP--got it,pm'd you--thanks again :)
  • george daniel
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Okay, done with the x-overs,first thanks to F-1, BMD,and WM, for advice,parts lists,schematics,etc,not difficult at ALL, got them in last nite(solen pb's) I could not tell a difference,but the wife says she can,if anything,they sound smoother,but I have thrown a belles 350 into the mix and cannot compare with my previous amp b/c it is gone,I think that just knowing that I have new caps probabally makes me feel better,you know,kinda warm fuzzies,,used the cardas short binding posts( and solder). I'll post pic's and parts lists if anyone is interested after I get back from thanksgiving in Pennsylvania. For anyone who may read this who has not attempted this,,,DRY FIT FIRST,,this advice was given by the gentlemen mentioned above and cannot be overemphasized. I have another pair of 1c's on the way from tampa next week, so I'll go at it again. May you all,(ya'll) have a safe and happy holiday--live long, and upgrade :):)
  • george daniel
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Replaced caps(solen) polys, resistors(mills), and silver micas,, did 4 x-overs,cardas solder,SORRY for the photo quality(cameraphone),will install cardas binding posts tomorrow when I pick them up and post pic's, thanks to F-1, and Wm, WCW, BMD, Hoosier,and spasticbull,thanks again for advice,schematics,speaker aquisition,waiting on new tweets, got the belles 350a,SWEET, next in line, something from Klaus. :D
  • TnBilly
    TnBilly Posts: 14
    edited December 2005
    Options
    GD,
    Would it be any trouble for you to email me a copy of the schematic or a parts list? I have a copy but can't read most of the cap values. TIA....
    Ron
  • george daniel
    edited December 2005
    Options
    yep, gimme about 5 mins and check your box :)
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Nice job George! That board is so small, hard to fit the bigger capacitors on there. Caps will improve the sound as they burn in. Give them about 50 hours or so. More detail, soundstage, bass. Tweeters will help smooth out the sound.
    Carl

• george daniel
    edited December 2005
    Options
    last of four, used cardas ccgr short binding posts, old speaker terminal for the interconnect ,instaed of the pin/blade, pics were shown in another posr by a previous members upgrade. Got about 20 hours on the first set,I believe that I'm beginning to hear some subtle differences, have not "tripped "a polyswitch yet. :)