350z+MMC6500=HELP

ulownz
ulownz Posts: 2
edited November 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
So I brought my practically new 2005 350z over to Hi-Fi buys. They say they can't install my MMC6500's and don't know how to due to the depth of the magnet. Can anyone here link me or post specific directions how this is accomplished considering that a large portion of the modded cars I see have this same component system and there doors look non-modified.

Thanks...

-Ryan
Post edited by ulownz on

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited November 2005
    Good luck, I hope that it all works out for you. The SR6500s aren't quite as deep, but quite abit better and worth the difference in money..
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited November 2005
    i'm not at all familiar with that model of car, but the general reccommendation is to cut a spacer ring out of MDF and screw it in between the speaker and the door skin... if any of that doesn't make sense or you need more info, just ask!
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited November 2005
    In that set it should come with two ring spacers. I know mine did they are black use those to off set the depth. You can also remove the magnet cover on the back. Just turn it a half turn and it will come off that will free up some space. Goodluck with the install.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2005
    Only thing I can think of short of modding your door is removing the magnet cover and using a spacer. However, this may push the speakers too close to the grill built-in to the door panel and make them rub.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Eric W
    Eric W Posts: 556
    edited November 2005
    Hi, the MMC6500 can be installed into a 350Z, however you need to make a spacer that pushes the driver forwards in order to clear the window glass. We have found an angled spacer would work the best and there is plenty of room to push the speaker "forwards". Also you will need to remove the magnet cover to install the speakers in there, but it has been done. :D
    -Eric
    -Polk Audio
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2005
    Well, there's the answer.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520