Deos this look legit?

Options
keith allen
keith allen Posts: 734
edited November 2005 in Video Games
I want buy a one of these for my son for Christmas,there is a bunch of these overseas,but knowbody seems to bid on them,think its legit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/1GB-High-SPEED-Sony-Memory-Stick-Pro-Duo-For-PSP-1G-GB_W0QQitemZ8230694390QQcategoryZ91513QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Post edited by keith allen on

Comments

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Ask the seller some questions and read the response. If there is potential danger and ebay is aware of it, they will contact you. The seller has sold a lot and the positive % is quite high. I have purchased items from overseas, but I do the preliminary research first. I did get caught once, but it was fraud and ebay reinbursed me. The old adage “Caveat Emptor
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2005
    Options
    dude! biggest question is, "how much for shipping to the us?" 20 GPB for insurance to the uk alone, not including the regular frieght/postal charge.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited November 2005
    Options
    It looks legit, but yeah... 32.99 GBP for shipping is actually more than he is charging for the memory stick. In total, it looks like that is 63GBP. I imagine that is not much cheaper than you can find locally.

personally I don't bid on auctions like that if I have a choice just because I'm morally opposed to super-infalted shipping / insurance costs. The only reason to have them is to over-charge bidders who don't read it over carefully.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2005
    Options
  • keith allen
    keith allen Posts: 734
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I feel stupid,never looked at shipping...walmart,here I come!