Possible Monitor 10 Stands

Options
Loud & Clear
Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
edited December 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Stands

Anybody else try these if you weren't able to find stands for your Monitor 10's? I figured that for $18.50 for the pair I'd order some. Raises them about 7" off the floor and with a slight angle. Doesn't sound too far off from what the original stands did for them.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
DAC: Arcam irDac
Source: iMac
Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
Center: Klipsch RP-160M
Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
TV Source: DirecTV Genie
Post edited by Loud & Clear on

Comments

• Loud & Clear
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I've had these for over a month and have been quite happy with these cheap stands. The height and angle seem to be ideal for the Monitor 10. Not the most stable (they wobble if touched), but if you don't have young kids or large pets I think it's a really decent alternative to finding original stands or paying more to get a proximity.

Two Channel Setup:

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

• pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I have a pair of those cheapo stands for my Monitor 10As. For the money, they get the speakers off the floor. Yeah they are pretty rocky and wobbly though. A project of mine may be to install some spikes on the bottom of those stands (for a carpeted listening room) with some 3M tape or I may just get some of these:

http://www.racksandstands.com/Lovan-JAZ-600-LV1025.html

Kind of pricey though. More than what I paid for the speakers. If I listened to the Monitor 10As more I would get them but the 10As stay preserved in the closet most of the time.
  • Loud & Clear
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Yeah, I remember looking at those also. I'd like to have them. Unfortunately, and as you've said, their price is rather prohibitive given what most of us have paid for the 10s.

After getting these stands and having pulled the SL2000s and going with the RDOs, I'm impressed with the sound.

Two Channel Setup:

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited December 2005
    Options
    This is what I used for my monitor 10's http://www.racksandstands.com/Wood-Technology-FGH-8E-FGH-8O-WT0075.html

Only downside is that they don't have any tilt, but you can fix that using spikes turned slightly out in the front. I never bothered to do so... Oh, and they do come with spikes. Pretty nice stands, IMO.
    Ludicrous gibs!