POLK SRT SYSTEM PRICING, Also for Sale

Options
Canadian
Canadian Posts: 4
edited August 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have a Polk SRT System with less than 50 hrs of use that I'd like to sell. Rate 9/10 due to age - bought as POLK Display model in an audioshow here in Toronto.

Still impressive and very cool system. Cosmetic rated excellent, flawless performance. System has: 2 Front SRT Speakers, 2 SRT 600watts subwoofer towers, 1 SRT center speaker, 2 SRT rear FX speakers, Active Control Module, Remote, Decibel Sound Meter, boxes/Packing foams and manual binder.

Anyone has any idea of a appropriate price for my system? I paid close to $7500 including taxes and deliver when it was newer. I am moving to Asia so I can't bring it along and have no time to enjoy it either.

Also have for sale if anyone interested, please make reasonable offer (plus shipping and paypal fee):

1. Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Amplifier 400w per channel into 5 Channels, new condition, never switched on, glass plate, box, manual, flawless.

2. Infinity HPS500 Subwoofer - new, never switched on, 15" tuned subwoofer with 500watts amplifier, black, box, manual.

3. SONY ES STR-V555 6.1 Dolby Digital/DTS Receiver, less than 50 hours use, flawless condition, Box, manual, remotes.
http://www.homecinemachoice.com/reviews/hccreviews/Amplifiers/Sony/SonySTR-V555ES.php

4. SONY XBR TV 35" model 35XBR48 with Sony Stand, good condition, no box, Manual and remote. Also come with a SONY Directv Dolby Digital Satelite Receiver with remote and manual

5. Sony ES STR-DA80 Dolby Digital Receiver. Good condition, low use, no box, manual, Remote

6. SONY 5 disc carousel changer - DVD Player model DVP-NC600

7. NHT Speaker system - 2 front speakers VT1.2 with built-in subwoofer, 1 Center speaker VS1.2, very good condition, gloss black, no box, manual.

8. Philips DVD Recorder/player DVDR985, new condition, record function was use with less than 5 hours. Box, Manual, remote.

9. SONY TV 61" Rear projection, less than 50hrs, excellent color and condition, remote, manual and include SONY Directv Dolby Digital Satelite receiver with remote and manual.
Thanks
Post edited by Canadian on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. Basically, you'll need to set the price on your goods and post some pics. One thing we don't do here is bid on things. (You can try searching Ebay to see what things have been selling for)

Thanks,
    PolkThug
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited October 2005
    Options
    You might also do a search on this forum for the SRT's price. A forum member picked up a set this last week, so his price might be a decent indicator.

Zach
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited October 2005
    Options
    I'm up for a road trip to Toronto :)
    JT
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited November 2005
    Options
    You might want to repost this in the Flea Market forum. THe garage sale forum is for car audio gear, so a lot of people will miss it here.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Amplifier 400w per channel into 5 Channels, new condition, never switched on, glass plate, box, manual, flawless.

Exactly which model is it and how much do you want?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Jesse, dammit, go to bed once in a while, you know I NEED one of those. :D

2nd dibs... (dammit...)
  • Canadian
    Canadian Posts: 4
    edited November 2005
    Options
    SUNFIRE has a CINEMA GRAND amplifier which is 200watts x 5 channels and a CINEMA GRAND SIGNATURE amplifier that doubles in power of 400watts x 5 channels.

The model I have is CINEMA GRAND SIGNATURE amplifier - I am offering for sale at US$2200 plus shipping or obo. Similar amplifier in B stock conditions selling for $2499 and new for sale at $3499.

Thanks for your interests.
  • F1nut
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Thanks, I'll pass.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited November 2005
    Options
    where in canada are you located and did you come up with a price? fir the srt i am detroit area.
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Here is a link to his new theread, with location and price: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33782
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Man, I've been racking my brains for two days on how I can swing this thing.

What's a kidney going for these days??

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mldennison
    mldennison Posts: 307
    edited November 2005
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    What's a kidney going for these days??

i think you just might get the whole system for 2 kidneys...one will only buy you the fronts (and maybe the center)
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited November 2005
    Options
    mldennison wrote:
    i think you just might get the whole system for 2 kidneys...one will only buy you the fronts (and maybe the center)
    Two of someone else's, maybe. BDT's kidneys would probably put Mantle's to shame. :eek:
  • twochannel
    twochannel Posts: 171
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I would think by now that the SRT's would be sold. $3500 sounds like a good price. I'd like to have them, but it would probably be them, or my wife. She still complains about my SRS coffins, except when shes planted in front of them!
    I could seriously think of a road trip to Toronto. I have been to that beautifull city numerous times! Only five hours from my house,Hummmmmm.Thinking!
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Man oh man I have given this serious thought since they were posted even getting a shipping quote. It isn't worth divorce court over this one,plus the kids get a trip to Disney in Feb. I am very happy with the 2.3tl's. Maybe i will buy a lotto ticket.
    Jim
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Gotta pass too, customs would eff this up. If I could get away without the duties, I'd be there. Good luck...
  • huskerlaw
    huskerlaw Posts: 7
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Are these sold???
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I love the SRT and hope these sell somewhere in Canada for everyones sake. Good luck.

That being said....just because it's a top level model doesn't mean anything but that. It will certainly give you more presence and impact, but unless you have some real room for these to breath, you're wasting time and money....let alone wasting a good speakers' capability. Do you even have the front end or back end to handle a monster like that? That's another factor you need to consider.

I'll use F1Nut as an example, as he is 110% happy with his rig and he should be because it is kick ****. If he wanted a pair of 1.2TL's....he would own a pair of 1.2TL's. When he finds that super deal, he may move forward, but until then....who cares.

Same here, sure I'm looking, but it's low on the priority list beings I've experienced in -house SDA previously, utilizing some top notch, "lower line" used models...SDA1C(Favorite)...SDA SRS 2...SDA SRS 2.3TL...SDA CRS(+)...and a couple others. Don't sell the lesser models short as they sometimes SDA better than the big boys...especialy the underrated SDA SRS 2.

Relax Polkies, audio nirvana is much easier to achieve than you think. Get any SDA, drop some man power on it and shut up and listen.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • HiPerf360
    HiPerf360 Posts: 436
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Sold to someone in Cali for $4000.00 I was rather upset I missed them.

Oh well, I guess i will just sit here in the corner pouting unil another set comes up.
  • hydrobud
    hydrobud Posts: 155
    edited December 2005
    Options
    id say about 500 bucks these days
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I wish these were still available
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited August 2007
    Options
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    I wish these were still available

Ya missed the boat by about 2 years. Why revive this thread? Bored, nothing better to do.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Because he feels the need to chime in on every FS thread.
  • JimBRICK
    edited August 2007
    Options
    DaveMuell wrote: »
    Because he feels the need to chime in on every FS thread.

are you the pot or the kettle?:eek:
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • DollarDave
    edited August 2007
    Options
    are you the pot or the kettle?:eek:

You won't see me posting "Wish I had the money", or "Bad timing", or "Nice stuff, somebody will like this". That's all nonsense. Just like chiming in on a thread that is two years old - it doesn't add anything to the forum. Of course, I need to add the traditional disclaimer that this is all only my humble opinion.
  • JimBRICK
    edited August 2007
    Options
    You won't see me posting "Wish I had the money", or "Bad timing", or "Nice stuff, somebody will like this". That's all nonsense. Just like chiming in on a thread that is two years old - it doesn't add anything to the forum. Of course, I need to add the traditional disclaimer that this is all only my humble opinion.

I post those as a bump cause I've bought stuff from alot of these guys. How about next time I just write bump will that make you feel better?
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • DollarDave
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Makes me feel better. I agree every FS thread needs a bump after an hour or two of no posting. Dude, do whatever you want. I just think it is riduclous to post most of the crap you do and to bring back a two year-old FS thread.
  • F1nut
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I just think it is riduclous to post most of the crap you do and to bring back a two year-old FS thread.

Agreed!!!

President of Club Polk

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I post those as a bump cause I've bought stuff from alot of these guys. How about next time I just write bump will that make you feel better?

Wow...he has actually bought something....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I believe he bought some NAD's from Doro?

BTW, I missed this by a month! :( If I joined a month earlier I would of bought these!:rolleyes: