MB Quart QSC 216 Series

cam5860
cam5860 Posts: 632
edited October 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
This new component set by mb quart is considered to be there new middle line of offerings. There line up now consists of the premium line the qsc line and there top of the line offering the qsd series. From what i take from this review the sound quality is still great, but it has a few negatives first off the grilles look like ****, and two the owners manual is suck, also they say it is written in six different languages in paragraph form almost im possible to understand. Overall though this component set scored a 74 out of 100 points possible.
Post edited by cam5860 on

Comments

• spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited October 2005
    I read somewhere about these. I believe it said the performance of the QSD's but at like half the price, which i find hard to believe. MB Quart's owners manual's are nothing to begin with. The explainations suck, the pictures aren't much better.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2005
    But who really cares about an instruction manual for speakers?! (I mean...I don't use 'em period...but who does for speakers? :D )

And, how many people actually use the grills? I'd say not very many.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited October 2005
    From what i take from these they are good but not great. one article read after 10 hours of break in time, I immediately noted that the vocal and piano playback had some bite to it. I liked the detail and articulation but it was a touch edgy. For a retail price of 799.00 i think you could do much better than this component set as you can see it's has flaws in it.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2005
    Well, given the SR6500 are only $750 (or some such)....I wouldn't even consider the MB Quart...unless installation was an issue, somehow...
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited October 2005
    The mounting cups for the tweeters on my QSD's were weird, so I DID. lol I also happened to use my grilles, so next...:) For that price though, I would go with the SR65000's, they rival the QSD's, so I can imagine what they'd do to these.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2005
    spwuinmk67 wrote:
    I read somewhere about these. I believe it said the performance of the QSD's but at like half the price

Sounds like MBQ is feeling the heat from the SR's! ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2005
    any company company that answers the phone with a german accent going "Gun-ten-tag" doesn't sit well with me... I mean, it's fun at first... gettin all cutesey wootsey with the "Gun-ten-tag" thing... it's almost "closet cool" - you know, like when you found out about the 'the stranger' and 'the phantom' but you didn't tell anybody because it would just be too weird.

Still don't like poopy equipment though - and while I'm extremely critical of just about everything ... I think that an 800 buck set of polk speakers will sound like 800 bucks (or better), in contrast to some other brands (such as in my opinion Quart) where a 200 dollar pair of speakers sounds like 25 dollar pair of Kraco's - and lasts just as long. It's one thing to make a "not so perfect" product, but also don't charge a ton for it - look at Pioneer. For years the speakers they have been sellin in circuit city and such (the TSA-[insert number] line - and then the REV ones) were nothin to write home about - but they got the job done on a budget, sounded respectable - somethin i could live with off deck power kind of thing - and they were CHEAP - drop 125 to 150 on 4 speakers you can live with? that's not bad. can't complain. Even polk's DB Junior's are like that (... is DB still current model stuff? or is it being phased out for something else? i heard somebody in another post say something about clearance and crutchfield or something) -- for about 160 to 200 any given day at circuit city - you can walk in and boom have 4 really nice soundin speakers for a very very very reasonable cost -- and they sound as good or better than they cost (if that makes any verbal sense). I haven't heard the SR's yet, but I imagine they live up to their price tag -- I really can't say the same for many other companies.

... and this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that a 3.5" mid-tweet component set doesn't even come close to achieving its frequency response graph nor it's rated power as of the user manual and spec sheets once analyzed with proper equipment -- no... nothing at all to do with that... i'm startin to once again believe "all bling, no sing".
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge