depends on how much HT vs. 5-channel audio you listen to,

earnest poole
earnest poole Posts: 22
edited April 2002 in Technical/Setup
Are the FX 500's not so good for stereo are what. I prefer the best sound for HT.There is nothing better than a good movie in DTS, but I do listen to a pretty good bit of 5 channel stereo.How much would it be degraded by adding the 500s as far as the 5 channel stereo goes.
Post edited by earnest poole on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2002
    I am really surprized by how well the fx500i's handle in my 6 channel stereo HT setup. Running dipole there is a diffused sound but strong and clean. Live recordings really come to life.
    *This has me thinking now---I am going to switch them to bipole when I am listening to 6 channel music and dvd-a today and see if there is a diffence in the sound. I just might enjoy it more. At least the option is there.* :)
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited April 2002
    the common 'industry' thinking is that bi/dipole speakers are preferred for rears in a 5.1 channel DD/DTS HT set-up, where direct radiating rears would be optimal in 5.1 channel music playback, ie. SACD, DVD-A. but like anything else in this hobby, it really comes down to personal preference...

if your thinking is along the same lines as the industry 'standard' (not to say that is right or wrong), the decision may be made in what you listen to more, HT or 5.1 music??? or just what you prefer to make the best of both worlds to you...