wiring mmc690s

Tazwolf
Tazwolf Posts: 1
edited October 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ive just picked up a pair of mmc690s and am wondering if i'll damage them by just hooking them up to my head unit for now its a blaupunkt about 20-25 wts RMS 200 peak??? I'll set it up for a 4 chanell amp to install later when I can afford one!
2nd do the 4x6 polks handel enough wattage to run with these. say a 50wtx4 amp?
3rd can I hook up a remote tweeter to the crossover and would i do this in parellel or series?
4th and last in front i have a mid base in the kicker and a tweeter in the door (older BMW 5series 1988) and if I put the 4x6 coaxials in how would I wire inthe door tweeter/ there is a resistor ( i think) across the terminals now in the stock set up?? please help all the so called profesionals in this area sound like they dont know what they are doing! I worked for Altec/Lansing in the 70s so I'm not compleatly stupid!
Post edited by Tazwolf on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2005
    Excellent speakers, youre gonna love em. I ran a pair for over a year and think theyre the best 6x9's on the market.

1- Your head unit is not capable of putting out enough power to ever hurt those 6x9's so youll be fine.

2- The 4x6's will handle 50 watts just fine.

3- If youre talking about running your stock tweeter off the x-over you dont need to. That resistor is actually a capacitor and is the x-over for that tweeter. Still, I wouldnt use it. The tweeter on the 6x9's is going to be far superior and you dont want the stock tweeter polluting the sound.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited October 2005
    agreed, you won't want to run the stock speakers at all, feel free to remove them...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs