edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
i can' wait!sam and dave

scott:cool:
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited April 2002
    Dave has lost his fricken mind....his promo company sent me a video he made called 'Dave's No Holds Bar-b-que'....it was the silliest, most irate, nonsensical thing I've ever seen. Basically it moves from him doing Kung Fu to a bad cover of Lords of Acid, to him spanking 3 models and wearing a lie, then running through a hallway with paint gun apparel, and onto him in a giant glass martini singing bad Utah Saints songs. There's no explanation anywhere, as to what he's promoting/doing/why he's on my TV...even the letter from the promo co just said "Some things in life can't be explained...they just are." Obviously they were talking about his career. :D

I like Van Halen like the next guy...but Dave is over man, just let him go!!
  • bkleinke
    bkleinke Posts: 51
    edited April 2002
    I can wait... wait forever :) I'll stay away from this :D;)

Brian
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited April 2002
    Oh no.

No.

Please. Make it stop.

Make this go away.

It's great windows-down-drivin-with-VH weather, and this kind of thing makes me want to cringe.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Micah Cohen
    edited April 2002
    I take my fun rock'n'roll way too seriously.

Hmmm.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited April 2002
    you all can do what you want, but ill be there to see some good music.

• Micah Cohen
    edited April 2002
    but ill be there to see some good music.

Really? Who's opening?

;)

Instead, why not stay home and put the first four VH albums on your CD changer and just effing ROCK OUT to them? Relive the REAL MOMENT. Why go to a festival of geriatric trying-to-capture-the-lost-magic rockers? It would just make me embarrassed and sad.

While listening to the music -- the actual albums -- makes me powerful and filled with happiness. Diamond Dave (on those early VH albums) is so clearly the masterful genesis of all these hokey white-rap/rock fred durst-like guys, like "kid rock," and those 25 year old albums BLOW ANYTHING TODAY AWAY. Objects in mirror are left in the dust, to paraphrase a new Dodge Neon ad.

"NOBODY RULES THESE STREETS AT NIGHT BUT ME!"

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited April 2002
    me and my mullet wearing friends will be there front row!! there is no opening act it just sammy hager and DIAMOND david lee roth! i do admit dave schould put his supergroup back together
    with steve vai and billy sheenen.

• MIKLSAN
    MIKLSAN Posts: 8
    edited April 2002
    Amen Wangotango! Roth had a hell of a band of mercenaries. Don't forget Greg Bissonette on drums! I would be interested in seeing that band back together.
  • Micah Cohen
    edited April 2002
    They're all old enough -- or at least feeble enough -- to be your great grandparents!

An evening home watching the LPs spinning around would prolly be more exciting.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited April 2002
    I agree with Micah.... the 80's bands should remain on CD/Vinyl where they belong.

Last summer, while working at the State Fair, I made the mistake of watching Def Leppard perform live. UGH. I loved this band back in 1983. But, eighteen years later, well, lets just say there is a reason that this band is playing the State Fair circuit. I'm just happy that I didn't lay down any $$$ to watch them perform - employees got in free.

Its not the same anymore. The 80's bands were great... and, they were great live... but, now they are just old.

While working a fair in San Diego, I got to see/eat/dine-back-stage with the Beach Boys..... again, another great HISTORIC band. They are just plain and simply way too old.

Not many rock & rollers can maintain (or, survive) the lifestyle.
    I think I'd like to see Stevie Nicks live. Can't think of too many others right now.