2»

Comments

• cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited October 2005
    Options
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Try also www.bottlehead.com

That way you also learn about what you are using. I'm using a whopping 2W in my office at work and it will run you out of the room before quitting. As Herr Klipsch once said: "All the world needs is a really good 5W amp"

Thanks jdhdiggs! They have some really sweet DIY stuff here. I am tempted by the preamp but am not sure if I want to spend that much right now.

Are there any other good tube DIY sites out there? I am really getting the itch to build something. ;)

EDIT: BTW i read some info the other day on how tubes opperate. Such a simple idea when described, but I have huge respect for the guys like Edison and Fleming that took the time to figure this stuff out. Knowing how things work is a MAJOR part of the fun for me.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,