Demo Music?

SamSagaZ
SamSagaZ Posts: 321
edited October 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
hey guys, someone know some CD to tweak the system? something with some tones to check distortion and stuff like that?
Post edited by SamSagaZ on

Comments

• CrBoy
    CrBoy Posts: 580
    edited October 2005
  • SamSagaZ
    edited October 2005
    yes, already check that link a ferw days ago, but are normal songs, im looking for something special, like an test track, calibration music...
  • CrBoy
    CrBoy Posts: 580
    edited October 2005
    To be honest with you... regular music is THE BEST to set up/tweak your audio... because that's what you'll be listening on a daily basis, not test tones or **** like that...

A test tone might help you to properly set up your amp gains... but that's it... :D
    <|>
  • SamSagaZ
    edited October 2005
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2005
    i use an iasca cd to get everything imaged right and make sure everything is where its supposed to be
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • SamSagaZ
    edited October 2005
    is possible to get an wav or at least an mp3 192kbps of these CD? :D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2005
    exalted512 wrote:
    i use an iasca cd to get everything imaged right and make sure everything is where its supposed to be
    -Cody
    There ya go. Sheffield Labs makes some nice stuff too.
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited October 2005
    If you do a search, you should be able to find an old thread where a bunch of us listed quite a few songs, and why they were good as demos...
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited October 2005
    SamSagaZ wrote:
    is possible to get an wav or at least an mp3 192kbps of these CD? :D

You don't want to use .WAV or MP3 files ripped from a CD. They are only sampled and usually compressed. You will loose alot of the functionality that the CD provides in setting up imaging. I have heard many tracks that sound stunning on the CD but as soon as they are ripped to MP3 or .WAV file standards and played through the same stereo, they sound dull and lifeless.

MP3 and .WAV files playing off of your hard drive or owner created CD-R are fine for very near feild listening like your computer speakers or your headphones but as soon as you try to scale it up to a different environment like your car or home stereo, you'll find that you lose a good deal of track information.

Bite the bullet and get a CD, dude. I know it ain't cheap but it is the best way to do it.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2005
    i dont think the bitrate really matters for the iasca cd. All it basically is is "the sound youre hearing now should be at the far right. beepppppppppp" But i loaned mine to a friend so i wouldnt be able to get it to you. might try ebay
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • SamSagaZ
    edited October 2005