WTB: 7.1 Reciever with pre, 2-channel amp, 5 channel amp

jdhdiggs
jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
edited October 2005 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Looking for four items:

1). A pre/reciever with pre outs that handles all the usual formats up to 7.1
2). A nice "man amp" that would fit with the above.
Combined cost ~$700 Maximum I can go over this to $1000 for stupid good deals.

3). Gruntball 2 channel- Loads of power (>150W), handles low impedence (2 Ohm) Needs to be presentable, not perfect.

4). A decent pair interconnects <$15 shipped
There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
Post edited by jdhdiggs on

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2005
    I'm not too sure there are very many "GRUNTBALL" amps out there that can handle 2 ohm loads, are there???

I might let my AMC 2100 go real soon. It has been a very nice interim amp and pushes the SDAs quite admirably. I just want MORE MORE MORE, buhahahaha!!!
    (as the crazy man heads back into lurk mode)
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • jdhdiggs
    edited October 2005
    Nothing wrong with grunt. I would like it to power the speakers with as much authority as possible. Leave the "refinement" to the other amps.

Basically looking for a pro amp without the fans.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • ND13
    edited October 2005
    I have a friend with several Crowns that I can get on the cheap. I'd have to ask him which different models he has at this time. Let me know if you are interested. I'm almost positive they are 2 ohm stable, also. He told me that when for home use, they don't need the fans, as they run pretty cool.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited October 2005
    Let me know, that sounds perfect. Do they only have balanced inputs? Forced air cooling?
  • ND13
    edited October 2005
    I'll give him a call today, as he's supposed to be putting a matched quad of 12ax7s together for me.
  • FutureAudio
    FutureAudio Posts: 53
    edited October 2005
    HK AVR 325 might be good for your needs to use as pre and more. It has 7.1 amplified output and preouts. I have it and sounds pretty good to me for the price.
    Main: 2xLsi15
    Center: Csi40
    Surrounds: 2xLsi7
    Back centers: 1xcsi30
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-NSD

Asus STX sound card -> Harman Kardon AVR325 -> Adcom Amps
  • caseymou
    caseymou Posts: 327
    edited October 2005
    Actually, the AVR235 can be bought for under $300 refurbed on ebay. It also has 7.1 pre outs.