itunes music store

cam5860
cam5860 Posts: 632
edited October 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
I was wondering if anyone on here uses the itunes music store to download there music. I will have to honest with everyone, i think this is the best music store period. They have a huge music selection and they have a lot of remixes of songs that are hard to find plus it's sweet to be able to upload the music on your ipod and listen to it in your car or truck. I must say this is some awesome technology.
Post edited by cam5860 on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2005
    What bit rates and file formats can you download the music in? How long does it take? How much does it cost?

I'm seriously considering an iPod for my car, and iTunes has caught my attention, too, though I don't know anything about it.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited October 2005
    I use it sometimes. While it is neat, remember it is only 128kbps. Nothing can top buying the CD (unless vinyl is available :) ) The price is 99 cents per song and 10$ an album on many albums
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • audiobliss
    edited October 2005
    Could be a good price and probably a great selection, but it's not at all tempting for 128kbps.

I've ripped my CDs in wave format. :)
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • cam5860
    edited October 2005
    for anyone that has never used the itunes store you can go to apple.com and download itunes 6.0 songs are 0.99 and albums are 9.99. Even if you don't have a ipod it's still a good thing because you can burn cd's with the songs you have on itunes or just listen to them on your computer. Far as the bit rate goes it's only 128. But i have used free file sharing and downloaded songs at a bit rate of 256 and they did not sound as good as the 128 bit rate from itunes so don't worry about the low bit rate.
  • audiobliss
    edited October 2005
    256 is no good, either. I rip my songs at WMA lossless, WMA variable bit rate (355kbps), or wave (not compressed).
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited October 2005
    I had mine in lossless but, I hated having to cut songs from my iPod. Suddenly, 50 GBs went to 18 :) I still only use CDs for critical and attentive listening. I use the iPod and computer for amdient music
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited October 2005
    I use iTunes but never buy from the music store. While it is handy to have the music right there whenever you want something new, if I'm going to spend money on music I'd rather just go out and buy the cd then rip it to my computer if need be. Having the cd doesn't cost much more and leaves many more options open.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2005
    My only gripe about iTunes and other is their selection kinda sucks. Try to find something thats never been on the Top 40 and youre out of luck.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • cam5860
    edited October 2005
    The thing that impresses me about apple's products is everything is streamlined things are not clutered together. It's easy to go to find what you want to do. They have a new ipod out that plays music videos also on a 2.5 screen the music videos cost a 1.99 each. It's a pretty cool feature also.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited October 2005
    i like itunes because i can get good songs off of bad CDs, and there's a few exclusive tracks (like a mike portnoy drum solo)... it's bad because you get the files in .m4p format, which has to be unlocked into a real format through an external program or programs... a bit of a hassle, but worth it to fit a couple dozen songs on a cd for non-critical listening...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2005
    128 sucks my ****...ill continue dl'ing off the internet for free and burning cds. there was an episode on south park about this yesterday...funny stuff.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • POLKOROLLA
    POLKOROLLA Posts: 74
    edited October 2005
    yahoo music unlimited is a good source as well. similar to what mac said about itunes, not a huge selection, but larger than many other sites. $.79 per song & $6.99 per month
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited October 2005
    9.99 for 128 kbps?

No thanks, I'll continue using yourmusic.com and my local CD Warehouse for my music needs...then I can rip the music to my PC at any rate I want and still have the full quality CD. I won't sacrifice quality for convenience, not with my music...