Yamaha C40 Pre

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited April 2002 in Technical/Setup
Anyone have any info on this model, I bagged one yesterday on eBay for $51...Plan on mating it with the Carver Cube also won this week.....(any pros or cons on that matchup?)

Anyway, I thought the Yamaha site listed most of it's discontinued product info in a particular section of the site... I'll be damned if I can't find it.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited April 2002
    Russ

I thought a Carver Cube was to hook up an amp to a receiver that didn't have pre-outs? Help with this!:confused: The 40 is the low-end of that series. Nice basic pre-amp though.;)
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2002
    Carver Cube

No, its a bit oddly shaped, but a regular, run of the mill setup, 2 rca inputs, 2 speaker outs, bridgeable.....

I jumped on the Yam, money is tight, and for $51 with a phono pre built in, I couldn't resist.

Troy will be here this weekend with an Adcom passive pre, we are going to hook it up with the cube and throw some SRV through my B&W's..... Man, I'm like a kid waiting for x-mas right now....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited April 2002
    Just don't wet your brichizz!smiley_rotflmao.gif Give us an update soon!;)
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!