RE: need help with hook-up... NO, i dont :)

Options
haroo
haroo Posts: 83
edited April 2002 in Technical/Setup
I have reached harmonic heaven.
The other day i needed some help with hooking up my marantz (sr18ex) up to my nakamichi R1.
I had the nak hooked up to the rears on the marantz ( to get 7.1 thx ex ) marantz left out some posts so you have to use another amp... then i was thinking( hummm... THE NAK HAS HARMONIC TIME ALINEMENT,)I took the rears out of the nakamichi and the mains out of the marantz switched them around so the all the FX and center are comming out of the marantz (140wpc x 5) and the mains are comming out of the nakamichi thats bridged to the marantz,But thats not all that i did!!!,I took the bi~wired rt800i's and put the tweaters to the "A" channel and the drivers to the "B" channel on the nakamichi and set the amp to play both channels a&b. WOW ! the clairity is so amazing, the nakamichi has built in amps 120wpc, with the marantz with 140wpc x5, i watched the "STAR WARS~ FANTOM"
last night and "IF ,YOU HAVE THE MEANS... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PICKING ONE UP!~farris buler(the MARANTZ SR18EX THX):)
I thought that bi~wiring ROCKED, Just try bi~wirebi~amp...ing
im making a power cord too, hubbell plug/14g wire/wattgate 320 iec, ill let you know how it goes.
:D:D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--MARANTZ SR18ex 140wpc x 5 (high current/direct amp)thx-ex "ultra"
electrohome tube amp 15watt. pr channel(aprox.1955a.d.) for 2 channel audio{recently recapped& tubed-5ar4power rect. & 12au7)
-kenwood amp(km-996/140wpc(used for 7.1 rears(thx ex)
-toshiba dvd video/audio player(progressive scan) sd-4700
-sony sacd cd player scd-xe670
-nakamichi "music bank cd player "6+1disk(20bit dac)
-toshiba hifi vcr (v3 pro head)
-motorola digital cable box
-RCA 32' "home theater" PIP tv
-polk RT800i x 2 (mains) ~bi-wired
-polk sc400i x 1 (center) ~bi-wired
-polk fx300i x 2 (side fx) ~di-pole
-polk r10 x 2 (rears)
-polk pws250 (powered sub)
-2x173ltr(48"-16")sono subs(powered by kenwood kr-7200 250watt & w/ audiosource EQ (model eq eight/series II)
-Thorens td-166 mk II/Grado silver fs1
-Thorens td-160/empire 66cart
-Dual 601
-D.I.Y. carfea "little big horns"-(pioneer full range 8" & fostex 4" compression horn tweaters
-sony (ps1)
-sony (ps2)

-haroo, "GOD gave you the gift of sound, Your gift to God is what you do with it!"
"marantz haroo"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~