2001 Nissan Frontier, what will fit?

Willy Doer
Willy Doer Posts: 5
edited October 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a 2001 Nissan Frontier, crew cab with an Alpine 9815 HU. I'm wondering if here anyone has tried to stuff a pair of 5.25's and 6.5 MOMOs in one of these? I don't know what the depth clearance is and I'm trying to avoid buying something that won't fit.

Also, will I need an additional amp to push there? I don't have a sub (yet?)..

Thanks for any input, crutchfield didn't provide much info and some of what they did provide was wrong.

WD
Post edited by Willy Doer on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2005
    They should fit and if not it wont be by much so a simple spacer could fix that.

You dont need an amp to push em but you wont get the best performance from them without an amp.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Willy Doer
    Willy Doer Posts: 5
    edited October 2005
    MacLeod wrote:
    They should fit and if not it wont be by much so a simple spacer could fix that.

You dont need an amp to push em but you wont get the best performance from them without an amp.

Thanks for the reply, my main concern is depth. Wouldn't a spacer increase that depth and make them fit less? Or am I not seeing this properly.

I'd like to add a subwoofer in the future, but I don't want to lose the functionality of the back seat. What would be a decent amp to push the MOMSO with a future sub in mind?

Thanks,

WD
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2005
    A spacer would mount to the top of the door panel and the speaker would mount on top of that. It would pull the speaker out of the door and make it a shallower mount.

If youre going to run a sub in the future and are tight on space, a 5 channel would be a good choice.

Something like this.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D