asking for advice about what to buy

TrueG4Life125
TrueG4Life125 Posts: 2
edited October 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Its me again with the blown momo. I was wondering if anyone has any advice as what to buy. Im looking for something POWERFUL because I want to start entering in the USACI competitions. I want some advice about what would be good competiton subs.
Post edited by TrueG4Life125 on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited October 2005
    it all depends on price and whether you want SQ or SPL (or the much more difficult and expensive SQL)
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2005
    I want to start entering in the USACI competitions. I want some advice about what would be good competiton subs.

Start looking in the magazines at what the winners are using.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited October 2005
    PolkThug wrote:
    Start looking in the magazines at what the winners are using.
    and just as importantly - if not more so - how they're using what they have... i.e. tuning and setup can make or break the car...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2005
    The winners are using everything. You see just as many winners with Kicker as you do Orion as you do Crossfire as you do RF and on and on.

If youre going for SPL, the install and box construction will be the primary factors and much more important than what brand they are.

Pretty much the same with SQ. All the major brands are making very good gear these days so youll be fine with whichever you decide. Go listen to some subs and pick the one you like best.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2005
    first off, like everyone said, spl or sq? there is no "sql" is competition
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it