Want to get into tubes?

Options
Dennis Gardner
Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
edited October 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
Just buy these little monoblocks............................

Audiogon Offering

Only 1200 pounds for the set.
HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
Post edited by Dennis Gardner on

Comments

• PolknPepsi
    PolknPepsi Posts: 781
    edited October 2005
    Options
    $43,000.00 bucks....Mmmmmmmm

I guess at that entry price one would not need worry about the cost of re-tubing the things. :eek:

Kind of odd looking to say the least, too much gold color for me.
    Denon #2900, Denon stereo receiver, Conrad Johnson Sonographe 120 amp, Blue Jeans cables, and Klipsch RF-7's
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2005
    Options
    It's a start I guess...
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2005
    Options
    What would you hook on the end of those. Anything I guess. Too rich and advanced for my blood.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • PolknPepsi
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Guess if I bought them I would have to upgrade my source, speakers, cables, town and state I live in so I'll pass but thanks for the dream. :D

Really, I would like to get into tubes and I am thinking about a tube preamp. Somebody said a tube pre is a good inexpensive place to start.
    Denon #2900, Denon stereo receiver, Conrad Johnson Sonographe 120 amp, Blue Jeans cables, and Klipsch RF-7's
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2005
    Options
    PolknPepsi wrote:
    Really, I would like to get into tubes and I am thinking about a tube preamp. Somebody said a tube pre is a good inexpensive place to start.

Pat,

You're invited over anytime to here what an inexpensive tubed pre can do for a system. Just say when, like Tuesday afternoon if you like. :)
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • PolknPepsi
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Sounds like a plan.

In a few weeks when I get back to normal after my little back surgery I'll take you up on that offer because I'd really like to hear it.