different question about alternator whine

rbarbera75
rbarbera75 Posts: 16
edited September 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
So I am getting some whine from only my rear right speaker. I assume that its just because my speaker is close to my power wire but its still at least 1 foot away, I dont know if thats not far enough or what.

I think it is alternator whine because when I step on the gas the whine gets a little louder and changes in pitch.

Anyways the question is that after I drive around for a while the noise goes away. Could anyone give me a reason why the noise would go away after driving the car for a while?
Post edited by rbarbera75 on

Comments

• TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited September 2005
    I dont make habbit of running my power wire near my RCA's or speaker wires...but unless they are super cheap- thats not causing your problem. More then likely its a ground issue. What is in your system...amps etc... more info to help ya.

Thomas.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited September 2005
    It's not necessarily alternator whine b8ut more likely a bad grounding problem. Move teh power wire to the other side of the car from the RCA cables if you can and check to make sure all grounds are secure and contacting good, clean metal, not painted.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    Ill throw in a third vote for ground issues.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D