Speaker Wire?

rbarbera75
rbarbera75 Posts: 16
edited September 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Whats the best speaker wire out there to use. A while back I bought some Rokford Fosgate Riot Gamma speaker wire but I am just wondering if regular twisted speaker wire will sound just as good or if there is even something better out there.
Post edited by rbarbera75 on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2005
    when i buy all new wire for my truck, it will all be from www.knukonceptz.com
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited September 2005
    Knukonceptz Fo Eva!!!
    cats.vans.bag...
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited September 2005
    unless you are running a very high end sQ vehicle...I doubt you will be able to tell the difference. Get the good stuff if you can find it cheap...other wise... get what you can find.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    Whats the best speaker wire out there? Any of them. As long as it reaches from amp to speaker theyre pretty much the same.

There will be differences in build quality and ability to stand up to the elements but from a performance standpoint, theres really not much difference from $4/ft speaker wire and $.18/ft lamp cord.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited September 2005
    i choose speaker wire based upon how easy it is to work with... radio shack's is harder than titanium to bend, stinger's is very easy to curl and strip and work with...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2005
    i like to get the twisted knukonceptz stuff. Pretty damn cheap and will help eliminate noise because of the way its designed. Theres a bunch of great wire out there though. The only speaker wire ill stay away from is monster...the insulation is total crap
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it