The largest thread......

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
With 1,117 posts and 12,433 views (as I type) this is a monster thread! (Whoops...I hope I don't get sued for using that phrase).

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16043

For those who haven't done so....take some time to scan through all the posts. I just did. The amount and variety of music listed in this thread is amazing. There are some albums I had forgotten about and artists that I've never heard of that are worth checking into. After doing so it will be hard to say that you are at a loss for any NEW music. Interested in something? Most albums/artists can be found on AMG (All Music Guide), Amazon, Borders, etc...with music clips for you to listen to. You cold send the poster an IM for more detail. Lots of good stuff here.

This thread along with the Rock and Roll Reminiscing A-Z threads are great resouces for music on this forum.

Here is the compilation thread for all of the R&RR A-Z threads:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12070
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited September 2005
    It's probably the most worthy couple threads here....I concur, take a few minutes out of your life and put some eyes on that batch of music.

Rock on Shack daddy!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited August 2007
    Just thought it was amusing...

A thread... titled "The Largest Thread"

Only had one reply.

Bump!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2007
    I can't believe my Spyder Enraging alter-ego got banned. :p
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited August 2007
    And Modest Mouse to get the ball rollin'.
    Good work.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2007
    And Modest Mouse to get the ball rollin'.
    Good work.

The new Interpol album is stellar...
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited August 2007
    Glad you like it. I'm actually listening to it right now...
    Kinda harkens back to the first, dontcha think?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, 2nd song and 6th are my favorites. One of them is probably a single...I didn't look at the package.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited August 2007
    You mean the album art?
    Go to their website for a taste.... some of the best in recent memory.
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2007
    No, I mean the generic sticker on the front that tells all of the **** what songs are good and that the rest suck. :p
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited August 2007
    HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Brilliant...

I'm stealing that one. I'll send you royalties periodically.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited August 2007
    The Tasteful Babe Thread is not too far behind. Babes more important than music anyways.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited August 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    The new Interpol album is stellar...

Demi/ZB, What is your recommendation for the best Interpol album(s)??
    Carl

• Demiurge
    edited August 2007
    interpol_brightlights.jpg

&

864485.jpg

Wasn't fond of Antics, but others like it.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited August 2007
    Any of 'em...
    Demi is partial to Lights which is more atmospheric.
    I'm partial to Antics which is catchier.

The new one is a fair compromise between the two.
    But all three are unbelievable IMO.