East Tennessee Meetup

Options
ledhed
ledhed Posts: 1,088
Hotwheelman had expressed a desire to do this. I know we also have Shack and Macleod in this area. I think it would be awesome for us Volunteers to meetup and have our own mini PolkFest
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
Post edited by ledhed on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I could be up for that.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Spawndn72
    Spawndn72 Posts: 453
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I moving back to Nashville arounf the middle of Oct. If it is not tooo far East, I might have to show up.
    Setup:
    Adcom GFA-545 amp
    Nad 1600 pre
    Dual 704 TT
    Pioneer 707 R2R
    Pioneer DV-578A Multi-format
    Polk SDA-2 Mains
  • ledhed
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I think it would be pretty cool. especially w/ Mac being a CA guy-it would be a nice mix
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I'd do my best to make it to Tennersee. It would be nice to be back home and meet Shack, Hotwheelman, Ledhed, and the rest of the boys. Keep me posted on when and where because i will have to make arrangements with work.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Sounds like a plan...

Indy to Koxville isn't that bad Noel. I've made the trip every sping for the past 3 years.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I am game fellas, I will say that I would love to play host but the neighborhood that we live in might not be to tolerable to the event, plus the house is tore up right know with some ongoing projects that have things in a bit of a mess right now.

Lets figure out a place to get this done and set a date.
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I might be able to come; would love to put some faces to names..and for sure will be fun; have some trips planned for Oct but no fixed dates yet...

P.S. Mike (HWM)..check your PM's...

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ledhed
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I'm glad this thing is starting to get together, November might be nice. I just hope my reciever is out of the shop by then.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Sounds like a good time to show off your banjo skills!
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I live in an apartment which would make for a lousy demo room......especially since I have nothing to demo! :(
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • shack
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Well.....I have the room. My den is 29' by 23'. I have my HT rig and another in there right now and there is plenty of room for more. I have an assortment of Polk speakers, some Advents and ARs. Various pieces of gear, Denon, NAD, Dodd, Cambridge Audio, Sony and so forth. Got tubes and a TT. It would have to be a Sat. affair. 10:00AM/Noon till whenever. I have no idea what my schedule is but if there are some dates everyone is interested in I could find out. I could furnish some food...if you want beer or whatever...it's BYOB. If this could work for some of you..lets talk. It's not a done deal...but I think I could pull it together.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    edited September 2005
    Options
    And yes...one set of the Polks are SDAs for those who would like to hear them.

• MacLeod
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I would love to hear some SDA's!!

Saturday is the best day for me too. Im off every weekend so I wont have to lose a days pay.

And I think if youre putting up the hospitality and inviting us into your home, I think its the least we can do and pitch in and bring the food and other refreshments.

• aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited September 2005
    Options
    i might be up for that. i live in Ghettosboro err.. i mean Greensboro, NC so the trip wouldn't be too much.

keep the thread going with updates and i'll know for sure.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Thats not too far. About 4 hours? I know Asheville is 3 hours away from Chattanooga.

• shack
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Ashville is about 1 hour 45 min. to my house. Greensboro is 4 hours more or less.

• aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited September 2005
    Options
    just might :cool:
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • shack
    edited September 2005
    Options
    For those that might have an interest if this comes together, the travel times from various places to NE Knoxville (where I live) are as follows.

Chattanooga - 2 hours or less (I've made it to Warner Park in 1:30 but I was haulin")

Kingsport/Bristol/Johnson City TN - 2 hours or less (1:45 to ETSU campus in JC - daughter was student there)

Asheville - Less than 2 hours

Nashville - Less than 3 hours to the east end (airport/Opryland hotel)

Huntsville, AL - 3 hours or less

Atlanta, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Roanoke, Birmingham - 4 hours more or less

All these times are VERY accurate as I have traveled to all of them on several occasions over the last few years.

I have actually made it in less times to most of these towns, but that is cruising around 80+.

• ledhed
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Wow, this is starting to look good. I second that Mac, I have been dying to hear SDAs and, this is definantly close enough for me to drive by myself AND bring my gear
  • hotwheelman
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Sat. is very doable for me. lets get this party started. :cool:
  • ledhed
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Hell yes, Saturdays are of course great for me seeing as how I am a Highschool student. I have been dying to meet some of you guys and hearing and trying new things. Just wondering, what gear could you guys bring to demo? I can bring my RT5s, my SX-1280 rec. and an old, crappy CD player. Along with some new tastes in music and possibly the TT
  • Spawndn72
    Spawndn72 Posts: 453
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I could make a Saturday event. Since there was/is some intrest in R2R, I could bring my RT-707.
    Setup:
    Adcom GFA-545 amp
    Nad 1600 pre
    Dual 704 TT
    Pioneer 707 R2R
    Pioneer DV-578A Multi-format
    Polk SDA-2 Mains
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2005
    Options
    I'll make the trip from atlanta,please count me in,saturdays are better :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2005
    Options
    If I know in plenty of time, I could make it down for a Saturday shindig, as I get 1 Saturday a month off.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • shack
    edited October 2005
    Options
    I'm working on a couple of dates in November. We'll see.

• hotwheelman
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Shackdaddy.....any devolpments for a possible date yet?
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2005
    Options
    hmmmm..................I would get to hear that Denon/Rt55i setup, Shack Daddy likes. I see one other Ga. member responded, any others interested?

RT1
  • shack
    edited October 2005
    Options
    I'm thinking about Nov. 19th or possibly the 26th (Sat. after Thanksgiving). What do you guys interested in coming think about these dates?

• ledhed
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Should work for me
  • MacLeod
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Should work for me although Im not 100% sure Ill be free the weekend after T-giving. The 19th might be a better day and have a better chance of nobody being out of town that weekend. Just a thought.