Tube Question

Options
sda2mike
sda2mike Posts: 3,131
edited September 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
I'm Looking at a pre amp that uses 2) 6N8P and either a 6X4 or a 6Z4...What can you bottle-freaks tell me about these tubes and what can i roll with them??? Thanks! :D
Post edited by sda2mike on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited September 2005
    Options
    What kind of pre is it?

http://www.thetubestore.com/noslist-6types.html

The link will take you to all variances of a 6 type of gain tube. The 6X4 is a rectification tube and you can also fine them on the cheap at the tube store.

Hvae fun.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • sda2mike
    edited September 2005
    Options
    thanks! it's a hand built, high quality job...i was always getting shut out of ebay auctions...so, i went chinese :eek: well, the price is right...$105...i figure that's a good price point for my 1st tube pre...when i'm more educated and ready to step up, i can sell what i've got...here's a link.....don't worry..i talked to the seller :) he's cool ;)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5809099435
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Looks like a nice one, especially for the $$$. Hope everything works out. Tell us when you get it in. Your stepping into to the world of audio nirvana.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • sda2mike
    edited September 2005
    Options
    and to think...i always said i'd never get into the hard stuff...i gotta jones for my stuff! :D
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2005
    Options
    looks like the 6sn7 is the replacment for this tube, the 6n8p is the chinese tube number... I just sold like 10 of the 6sn7's dirt cheap too all vintage, I should say from the 60's/70's
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp