Question about line out converter

C-Man
C-Man Posts: 307
edited September 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok, I've decided to use a line out converter. I've got two Zapco 2 channel amps. I'd like to hook my 200 up to the front two channels, and my 750 will be for my sub. Now, I know I have to hook a converter up for each amp... one to the front channels and one to the rear channels. In my car there are 4 speakers, components up front and two in the rear door. I'd like to run the rear speakers off the head unit power for a fill and run the fronts off the amp. Can I splice the converter into the rear channels for my sub and still use the rear channels for these speakers also? Will this mess up the output to the sub amp? Should I just run all 4 speakers off my 2 channel at 2 ohms and be done with it? I know that would probably be the easiest way to do it for me and just use the rear for my sub alone, but I don't like losing sound quality by running the 200 at 2 ohms stereo...

Thanks
Chris
"The Big C"
Post edited by C-Man on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2005
    yes, you can still use your rear channels for fill. I dont see why since you said yourself you dont want to do anything thatll hurt your sq, but to each their own
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited September 2005
    If done properly rear fill can add a little more fullnes to the sound :). It all depends on what you like.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited September 2005
    Yeah, a few years back I had my amp hooked up at 2 ohm and it just seemed to scream at me and the quality was a little lacking, but I'm sure it'll still sound better than the factory hu.
    "The Big C"