Speaker Stands

Options
ledhed
ledhed Posts: 1,088
edited October 2005 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Picked up the rest of the material I needed to build stands for my RT5s

First picture is PVC pipe after first coat.
Second picture shows the lovely weather we are having-great for working with the garage dooe open!
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
Post edited by ledhed on

Comments

• ledhed
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Ok, so after hours of work and much blood and sweat (No tears yet) I finished one! I haven't completely tweaked it yet but, here is a final shot (Will post more indepthly later)
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • tecmo04
    tecmo04 Posts: 421
    edited September 2005
    Options
    looking good, im a little jelous
  • soiset
    soiset Posts: 724
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Pretty good lookin'. Just curious: What drew you to the pvc pipe?
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Nice! I'm about to start on some that will be similar to those. Did you fill the pipe with sand? I think I'm going to run a smaller piece of pipe inside the bigger one (maybe 1/2" CPVC) so that I can run the wire through it, when I fill the other one with sand.

As for PVC, well, it's non-resonant, light, easy to work with, paintable, etc.

Jason
  • ledhed
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Haven't filled with sand yet. I also was going to do the same with the wire but, the idea came a little late in the design