DB525 install. help

jeeper01ca
jeeper01ca Posts: 1
edited September 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi all,
1st experience, 1st post with Polk, Just got my Db525, will go as my front speakers in the Jeep (wrangler) which will get an upgrade from 4x6 factory speakers to 5.25 POLK.

I don't have any troubles installing the speakers, but I need help in installing the tweeters and the crossover.
What kind of help?

Well, I'll be doing it for the 1st time, so the tweeters will be installed on the top of the dash, and where will the best place to hide/install the crossovers?
Post edited by jeeper01ca on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited September 2005
    you can put the xovers anywhere... i have mine near the tweeters, hidden up in the dash, pretty much wherever you can stick them and they won't get wet is good... keep in mind you want the tweeter setting as low as possible to begin with...

as for the tweets, i'm not familiar with that vehicle, but if you have stock dash speakers, use the angle mounting cup and stick the tweets in the dash spots, then play around with the angles till it sounds best...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs