MD Polkfest Goodies - Russ

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited September 2005 in Gatherings & Special Events
Ok, I'm getting everything boxed to ship up tomorrow. I'm simply making this post, to communicate to members expecting something (and making sure I have everything), and take any requests. I'm hoping to wrap up not one, but TWO stereo Tube tuners this evening.

ND13 - Good and bad news. I don't have a CLOSE matched pair BB 6DJ8, so you are getting Amperex Globe's instead (lucky you) - I'll bring 1 BB, to show you the difference in the two.

RT1 - Quad of Telefunken Smooth Plate 12AX7, Quad of GE 7025

Beardog - Duet of RCA 7025, and do you want anything else 12AX7 wise?

Amulford - Analysis Plus Oval Jumpers

To sell:

My 6197 Spud Amp (Single ended pentode) $200 with a sleeve (5) each of RCA 6197, JAN 6CL6, Raytheon 6CL6, and pair of Tungsol 6CL6 (all nos)

Acurus A100 $250 (if there is interest posted here for me to ship it up - otherwise I will make it open to the FM)

TONS of speaker cables. Kimber, Audioquest, Goertz - there are going to be some GREAT deals to be had, trust me.

Any requests? I'm thick on NOS 12AU7 variants. I'm testing my remaining Smooth plate stock tonight. If you want to request something, DO IT NOW - so I can get it in the boxes, shipping to Mark tomorrow morning.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Are the speaker cables open to those who can't make the trip? I might be interested in some kimber stuff depending on what you have. If not, no big deal, just curious...
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited September 2005
    Options
    What's the status on the knight mono's? (Don't waste the 10,000 for that)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Options
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    (Don't waste the 10,000 for that)

Yeah, make it a special post.

I wonder if bells, chimes, whistles or fireworks will start going off on every one's puters that are online at the time when you do :p:D
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited September 2005
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    Yeah, make it a special post.

I wonder if bells, chimes, whistles or fireworks will start going off on every one's puters that are online at the time when you do :p:D

What if there is no extra decimal place? And he has to start all the back at zero, like the old automobile odometers. :eek: :D

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I'm bringing a couple items with me:

Sony TC-K909ES casette deck
    Denon DCD-2560 CD player (this thing is a TANK)

Older Sharp LCD projector, model # xv-s250zu
    This isn't 'mine' but a friend is looking to unload it. Works GREAT in a completely dark room. DARK ROOM is the key though.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Russ, any quads NOS 12ax7 that would be an upgrade to the stock MLP? I'll be interested, thanks..
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Troy, curious, how much for the LCD projector?
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Lou,

PM sent...
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Troy- how much for the Denon?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    Options
    heiney9 wrote:
    What if there is no extra decimal place? And he has to start all the back at zero, like the old automobile odometers. :eek: :D

H9

Can you imagine Russ as a Polkie! :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • DAGLJAM6
    DAGLJAM6 Posts: 635
    edited September 2005
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    I'm thick on NOS 12AU7 variants.
    Cheers,
    Russ

I'll keep that in mind ,need to stock up soon.
    If all works out i'll be bringing for sale:

1 pair of Monitor 10's ( The pair from Polkfest south last year)
    1ea. Kenwood basic C2 SS Pre-amp ( I'm going all tubed front ends on both home systems and don't need the phono stage on one system. Dodd in/ Kenwood out)
  • nadams
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Just FYI- I will be bringing my old Monitor 5jr speakers to part out on FRIDAY. If nobody wants them Friday, I'll send them on to Saturday's festivities to be devoured. The tweeters are already spoken for, but the midbass drivers and the crossovers are available. Oh, and the grills...

The cabs themselves are beat, so I don't think anyone will want them.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited September 2005
    Options
    anyone got anything in regards to a used Tube pre? I'm not desperate, but am wondering if there is something better than the Radii I am using. I am assuming that might be my system's weaklink. could be wrong though.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2005
    Options
    The Radii is a great sounding, but 'starter' tube pre. Affordable. I think you should sell it Sid, so he can get started.

Even the Dodd ELP, would be a sustantial step up.

PT, I'm thin on ax7 quads, but that should change after Polkfest.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited September 2005
    Options
    ok. just let me know once your stash got replenished. thanks.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Lou, Check out the bottlehead foreplay. It will teach you a bit about how pre's work and has a lot of documented modifications for different performance.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2005
    Options
    with all the gear going to be up for sale this weekend @ Polkfest... i'm not sure i can purchase anything. since i'm flying in to town. Do you think people would be open to the idea of shipping them to me if i purchased something? I"d like to get into a tube pre myself. or possibly even a DAC.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I'll ship anything but speakers. If you don't have cash, bring a checkbook or small child as collateral.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Do you have any Prommisary Notes :eek:
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2005
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    I'll ship anything but speakers. If you don't have cash, bring a checkbook or small child as collateral.

Lucky for you. i'm not looking for speakers. ;) way to expensive to ship. i rarely buy speakers that need to be shipped.

I will bring some $$ for sure.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2005
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    If you don't have cash, bring a checkbook or small child as collateral.

OK, but it's kid and carry. I ain't takin' 'em back if they don't function as expected ;)
  • nadams
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Okay, here's a broad question. Is there anyone who is attending Friday's HQ tour that is bringing a TT to sell on Saturday? I just realised that I need a TT to fill in my 2ch rig, and thought maybe I'd try here. I will only be attending on Friday, so I'd have to ask that you bring it to the HQ tour. I'm looking for something sub $100

Thanks!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I wish I was able to make the Polk Gathering. It'd be real nice to finally meet so many people I've gotten to know on here.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2005
    Options
    aaharvel wrote:
    I wish I was able to make the Polk Gathering. It'd be real nice to finally meet so many people I've gotten to know on here.
    ....and punch them in the nuts.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I'm punching YOU in the nuts as soon as I see you Mark.
  • nadams
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I'm wearin' a cup. Don't want no nutpunching here. You other guys are old enough that you aren't gonna use 'em anymore... I need mine for a while yet.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Hahaha!

If a termpaper and the damn long roadtrip wasn't so in the way I would love to be there. Oh well maybe next year. :cool:
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Here now, let's leave the jewels outta this...
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Don't worry Anthony, the other WILL drop, one day.
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Russ,

Can you please tell me about that 6197 Spud?? Interested, very I am.